1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the best deal changing euro into lira or just the &#8

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by Susanc, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Susanc

Susanc Addict

:shock:
    Hi to all,

Just another piece of info I need. Do you get a better rate using the Turkish Lira and changing it from the Euro in banks or Post Ofiice or the hotels. Also if I only used Euro would it be more expensive.

Thanks a lot guys
    Sue

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

You should bargaining with jewelry/leather/rug shops for the best deal (IMHO). Try Granf and Orient Bazaars.

I think VivaKusadasi knows this matters better than me.

3. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Sue
    most of the restuarants take Euros, infact a lot of the prices are advertised in euros rather than Lira.
    8)

4. Thanks Kusadasi-Guy
    Sue it is best to change your money at the change offices. You can change them anywhere but the change office rates are higher. there are two main change offices in Kusadasi. One is at the orient bazaar just across to the horbour called "Gunaydin change office". The other is the "Emper change" which is just 30 meters away from the post office.
    you can get higher rates in theese two offices. You can get the highest rate at "Akbank" if you change more then 1000 €. But if you want to change less than 1000€, go to the change offices. If you don't care about the rates, you can change your money antwhere. Even in the markets. So, don't worry about if you have Turkish Liras or Euros. Money is money you know. :cheesy: