1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What I Like About Today

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by Anthony07, Jul 9, 2014.

1. cian gilmore

cian gilmore Expert

That's interesting...............

2. peril

peril Connoisseur

And can be costly Cian ...!

3. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

What i like like about today.our toilet now finished.just a few odds and ends.the floor &wall tiling was done when we were in Cyprus.so missed the dusty part.our spec cabinets arrived yesterday and fitted .we always get our furniture made by the same guy at the Sanyia..around 10 pieces now..i highly recomend them.will post photos later..

Attached Files:

kibris, garyadele and peril like this.
  4. peril

peril Connoisseur

Very swish Jake- making me envious!

jake 51 likes this.
  5. garyadele

garyadele Expert

what i like about today 19 days to go to Kusadasi time :)

peril, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  6. garyadele

garyadele Expert

what I like about today 5 days to go boy I cant wait to get back to Kusadasi :)

7. peril

peril Connoisseur

What I really liked about today was the fact that I could move around the downstairs of our villa unimpeded for the first time since we arrived late on Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning. I should backtrack and say that when we arrived hot, sweaty and tired, we had to haul our luggage from the newly installed electric gates at the bottom of the estate (to which we have no swipe cards ) to our villa - not s huge ask but not the most welcome thing in the dark either. Himself opened up and walked in and out hauling bags and couldn't get the electricity on - I was instructed to do the necessary - and obliged - in doing so I felt I was squelching for some reason- which became apparent as soon as light was thrown on! Yep we'd had a leak in our absence and as someone had forgotten to switch off the water outside when we left in June, our kitchen hall and under the stairs was flooded. Actually we only were aware of the kitchen at first- we spent over three hours sweeping out the water, shifting mats and hanging them out to dry- before laying and relaying old newspapers to mop up the remains of the heavy wet, before laying down floor cloths and falling into bed at 5am. Himself discovered where the leak had occurred and fortunately was able to shut it off before our cleanup commenced.
    Wednesday morning I was up early and discovered that under the stairs had also been flooded- and it was then that I discovered the amount of utter rubbish that had been consigned to out of sight out of mind! Four big bin bags later, I was able to mop and lay down newspaper to sop up the remains - twice I had to change the papers - more bin bags to the site bins. All doors and windows open to air out the house - under the stairs is taking a bit longer than the kitchen understandably. On Thursday we made a quick scuttle into centrum to pick up a replacement jointed pipe and some food supplies and once home, himself sorted out under the sink. We're now waiting for everything to totally dry out before seeing if there is any lasting damage. This morning I was able to sort out some of the stuff from the kitchen and under the stairs such that I could actually walk without hopping over the hoover etc. Just need to keep all doors and windows open to keep a draught going to air out the place. Hence my delight st unimpeded movement today!

kibris likes this.
  8. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

looking forward to our weekly meeting with friends in Famagusta later today..

9. peril

peril Connoisseur

The longer I live the more I realise how little I know of life and the individuals who make the world go around. We've been here more than a month now and I can only say that people are strange. We got some work done on our villa and it seems to have antagonised one of the neighbours. This guy isn't the most pleasant at the best of times but he's really surpassed himself this time. First he collared the guys doing the work and told them that my husband was a bit of a pervert as he went around the house in the nip and himself and his wife could see him in the toilet naked. Aside from the fact that it's completely untrue himself was very upset by this - he's a very modest individual and would no more go around naked if you paid him a fortune. Plus I have net curtains on all the windows and doors in our house so it's virtually impossible to see in. Next he beset the workmen and told them to get finished double quick and get out of the area. They were only doing a painting job.Then he started playing his tv loudly until two and three in the morning, night after night. Himself lost the plot last night as I was sick and trying to sleep but couldn't because of the noise and he told him off for having the tv so loud. Today there hasn't been a peep out of him other than he was complaining loudly about the yabancis ( that would be us) on the site- we're the only non Turks currently in residence. I simply can't understand the guy. I don't think too many of the neighbours are paying great attention to his carryon but we're actually very quiet ourselves and don't like disturbing others. Some of our turkish friends have just said we should just ignore him but it is unpleasant to have him sitting like a brooding Buddha on his terrace glaring at us from over the mounds of his big sweaty belly- yes he bares his chest and gut and believe me when I say it's obscene and disgusting!
    His wife even seems fed up of his loutish behaviour- she had a right go at him today and he went off in a huff. But at least all is quiet tonight - no blaring tv! I still can't sleep though!

10. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

Very dıstressıng perıl and ıf thıs man contınues ı would certaınly go and see the cıtızens advıce people who are over the top of BIM opposıte the barracks to see what can be done about hıs slander and the servıce they offer ıs free.Ive had occasıon to get ın touch wıth zabıta about a neıghbour and they were good too.

peril likes this.
  11. peril

peril Connoisseur

Good idea KiB - I had been thinking of the zabita if he continues. I think he's fallen out with a lot of people - he devoured an English girl I'm friendly with for watering a few pot plants and he watering a full garden and often with someone else's water. He jammed a mop head up the drain of an Irish mans house because the run off from the roof was passing too close to his house. I think since he's retired he's gotten way worse though. I wouldn't have thought of the citizens advice bureau - thanks for that. We're heading to Antalya for a few days so will get a bit of respite from the whole situation.

12. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

What a crazy situation. I believe this man may need a good talking to from the zabaita and if that fails sounds like he needs sectioned. Can't you talk to the sitesi Baskan (president) ? He may be able to talk some sense into this unsavoury individual... he is obviously deranged thinking he saw "himself " in the nip ... too cool at night for that now ....:confused:

peril likes this.
  13. mbh

mbh Explorer

If I didn't know any better Peril I'd swear we were on the same sitesi!!! So hard to deal with a difficult neighbour(either at home or away). You would be worried about what he'd do when you're not on site.We have one man that actually went toe to toe with an Irish girl from our site,all over minor issue,it was awful and totally unprovoked. The yabanci word was used rather loudly whenever any of us were nearby. My neighbour went to the Baskan and sent a written complaint to the committee. Hope it sorts itself out

peril likes this.
  14. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

I had a similar situation withTurkish neighbours.on long beach..played loud music around 1 am onwards..i just put on loud music on around 5 am when they were sleeping..they got the message..

peril likes this.
  15. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

A great Day,A 3 dart finish....106 score...Helen not to pleased....

Attached Files:

peril and PaulandJan like this.
  16. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

a lovely cloudy day and raın forcast tonıght --what a nıce change!!!!!!!!

miketutun, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  17. peril

peril Connoisseur

Been cloudy all day here in Antalya- and rained quite a bit earlier- cloying heat has disappated- nice and warm without humidity - a welcome change!

jake 51 likes this.
  18. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Nice drive to Protaras today..catching up with Friends from Kusadasi...

Attached Files:

peril likes this.
  19. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

We are off for a 7 day break to nr.İçmeler on Monday together ...am so excited...we have a bungalow nr the sea in all incl hotel and (so far) weather forecast seems fab...we don't spend much time together or have many breaks away so thrilled....exchange rate is gr8 so we count our blessings living here in Turkey every day!!!

jake 51 and peril like this.
  20. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I hope you have a very lovely happy holiday together :)

KASTAMONU likes this.