1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What I Like About Today

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by Anthony07, Jul 9, 2014.

1. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

How very very sad I feel for you and the rest of your family and hope that things do pass quickly it is so awful to witness these last moments of life. Your poor brother must be in dispair! These things happen in families and I know exactly how that feels.
    I'll pray for you and your family!
    Take care Peril xx

peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. peril

peril Connoisseur

Thanks SS.
    Decisions, decisions. The brother is insisting we go as planned, as there is nothing we can do here- but we want to support him even if we can't do anything for her. I think this is when family matters most so we're going to have to make our minds up fast. I've checked and unlike last time we had a bereavement we should be able to beat it home fairly quickly without spending thousands. It'll have to be decided today - one way or another.

sexyshirl likes this.
  3. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Well good luck and of course you will make the right decision Peril. Things are easier nowadays and flights are frequent I remember when a neighbours mum passed away a few years back, the Turkish travel agents were excellent and she was back in no time. What can you do for now only sit and wait and you may as well do that anywhere, your brother has given his blessings. If you were really close to your sister in law I would be saying stay put but it seems this is not the case. Take care xx

peril likes this.
  4. Christine

Christine Expert

There's no right or wrong answer.. is there. At the end of the day you've got to go with your gut instinct.

peril and sexyshirl like this.
  5. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

You are very right Peril, gut istinct is always good, hasn't let me down so far.
    I hope you make a good decision xx

peril likes this.
  6. peril

peril Connoisseur

Well we've decided to go- but I've an awful feeling we will only be there before we're back- but as things stand we're hanging around here waiting and not helping ourselves or anyone else. I hope that going turns out to be the right decision - I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that there are plenty of flights with sears available for the rest of this month.

7. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

So pleased you have made that decision you are right you are just hanging around waiting . It may be a short trip but as I said previously in these circumstances the Turkish travel people are excellent in their approach to getting you back as fast as is possible. I hope your journey is uneventful and that you have a safe trip also that you have a little time before you have to return. Your brother is only a phone call away and I'm sure you will be keeping in touch constantly.
    Bon voyage and take care Peril

8. peril

peril Connoisseur

Thanks SS- we're here and have stocked up a bit - just not too much in case we've to do a runner. I've become a phone junkie and keep checking RIP- but hopefully I won't be sorry we came over. Time will tell and we're not in charge of deciding when someone's time is up.

planer and sexyshirl like this.
  9. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

İ am so pleased you have decided and have made the trip. I hope you find a little peace and quiet. In some ways I hope things back home move on steadily and that your sister in law and her family do not have prolonged suffering.
    Take care Peril

Christine and peril like this.
  10. planer

planer Addict

Glad you decided to come out. 8 years ago my father had a stroke while we were in Kusadasi. Went in to a travel agent in Kusadasi and they arranged a flight home for us the following day. Home in less than 12 hours. Try and enjoy your time here.

peril likes this.
  11. peril

peril Connoisseur

Well the bad news has come and we fly home tomorrow, the patient has taken a turn for the worst faster than anticipated. Hopefully for her sake the end is near and she's not in too much pain.

12. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I'm sorry to hear this news and as you say hopefully she is not in too much pain.
    I hope you have a safe and uneventful journey. It is so lovely that you will be home to support your brother.
    Take care Peril xx

peril likes this.
  13. planer

planer Addict

Sorry to hear your sad news. Hope she is not in too much pain. Safe journey home. Hope you get back again for a more relaxing time again this summer

peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  14. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Saddened hear this P, keep strong ..thinking of you and family..x

peril likes this.
  15. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

Safe journey P & himself ... May she be released from suffering ...

peril likes this.
  16. peril

peril Connoisseur

Thanks all for the support and the commiserations. We learned just before we left Kusadasi that my sister in law had passed away. It was peaceful and pain free we are assured and all her wishes were adhered to. Requiet in Pacem

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  17. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

So sorry for your loss Peril, the only consolation is that she is now out of her suffering, cancer can be so cruel
    May she RIP
    I'm sure " himself" Must be of great support to his brother at this time.
    Take care and I hope you have a safe return journey xx

peril likes this.
  18. cian gilmore

cian gilmore Addict

The Spanish Dancer seems to be touching everbody here at the moment ? Ireland
    seems to have cocooned itself in a veil of cancer related illnesses and morbidity,its
    everywhere ,constantly on the News ,talk shows ,radio and tv,I really think it is
    becoming an Irish Malaise..................we have all been touched .

peril likes this.