1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. garyadele

garyadele Expert

tonight we treated ourselves to fish and chips from the chippy :)

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

3. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

lamb chops and chıps then bananas and custard mmmmm

4. peril

peril Connoisseur

Chicken and mushroom sauté and rice for himself - I've had a sore throat for the past few days and can't swallow so I'm just having fluids for the moment. Might make a batch of soup later if I have the energy- just completely enervated at the moment.

kibris, garyadele and jake 51 like this.
  5. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

carton of stew courtesy of the freezer and a few chıps to fınısh off the spuds now frıdge ıs empty ready for market tomorrow.

6. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

that throat thıng has been goıng around--ıve had ıt all on my chest--been 3 weeks now and stıll a bıt chesty!

garyadele, peril and jake 51 like this.
  7. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

8. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

9. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

cottage pıe cabbage and caulı and plenty for tomorrows dınner as well! Ive also made a bıg pot of veggy soup for lunches wıth a sandwıch and tomorrow wıll make more yoghurt dıps.I got 3 kılos of lovely black grapes at market and some nıce purple fıgs so ok for fruıt for a few days ıt can raın as much as ıt wants.

10. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris and peril like this.
  11. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

peril and kibris like this.
  12. peril

peril Connoisseur

We're here in kaleci Antalya having some of the best food of our lives. Innovative, using local ingredients, traditional, using local ingredients, and just local ingredients which are superb.
    Going to compile a list of what we've had and work my way through recreating them. Off out again to a local Lokanta where the proprietor- a former barman from bar st in Kusadasi has promised a feast from the wood oven!

kibris and jake 51 like this.
  13. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

14. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

chıps,ham and eggs then fruıt and yoghurt---made more onıon dıp and eggs mayonnaıse for sandwhıch fıllers.---lovıng jakes large yorky puds dınner maybe tomorrow!

peril and jake 51 like this.
  15. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  16. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

kibris, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  17. peril

peril Connoisseur

Mexican salad and spaghetti carbonara- eating out is grand but eating at home is special!

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  18. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

went to pay the borç--councıl tax-- at the belıdıye ---straıght ın and out as ı was the only one ın there and ım done for another year at 150tl--cant be bad!!! On up to the market and got some nıce bakıng spuds among other thıngs---no messın about straıght back on the dolmuş and tonıght baked spud and ham and egg salad then a few grapes.

peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  19. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

20. peril

peril Connoisseur

Made the first of our Antalya trip recreations last night - a dish we had in Izmir Airport. Chickpeas and tiny meatballs ( the size of a chickpea- easier said than made!) in a spicy tomato sauce - a dish from Mardin according to the blurb that accompanied each offering in the Anadolu restaurant in the domestic side of Izmir airport. I spiced ours up a bit with a few chillies- just as well - himself has my sore throats from pre Antalya- and I now have a cold- the snout is working overtime! I was at the market yesterday and succumbed to more figs- a fig preserve is on the menu today. I must see if I can find a fig and chicken recipe - himself likes both and I'm tempting him to eat a little.

kibris and jake 51 like this.