1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

Meatballs,chıps and beans then melon and black grapes

jake 51, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. peril

peril Connoisseur

Patlican parmigiana tonight with a green salad and some crusty brown loaf ( homemade by my step daughter - Ab Fab!).

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  3. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I admire all you cooks on here an the pics are amazing.... don't suppose there is any room for a ready meal on here lol :confused: I love to cook but you guys are experts !!
    .....off to the chippy :tdown: ;)

4. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ıve made a pot of my fave thıck tomato soup so havıng a bowl of that then cheese on toast ,a few bıg chıps and a bıt of salad and frıdge pıckles

jake 51, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  5. peril

peril Connoisseur

Today was the first of the all Ireland hurling semi finals - Tipp were playing and lost to Galway by a point- cue himself drowning his sorrows for an hour or two! I lifted his spirits a little by doing one of his favourites- baked monkfish with home made tartare sauce, roast potatoes, peas, courgettes, cauliflower and broccoli. He'll have gotten his five a day today no bother! Tomorrow is another day and we can analyse the match and work out where Tipp went wrong and how to improve for next year- oh what fun it is to be the hurler on the ditch!

kibris, sexyshirl and jake 51 like this.
  6. peril

peril Connoisseur

I rarely take photos SS- usually too busy eating to remember but John's are always stunning- mine often lack artistic arrangement but usually taste ok. I wouldn't consider myself an expert - just like you I enjoy cooking- and I enjoy eating every bit as much!

kibris, sexyshirl and jake 51 like this.
  7. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris and peril like this.
  8. peril

peril Connoisseur

Beef sausages with onion gravy, mash, mushy peas and some runner beans. We got the sausages last week when we were up in Newry - find them hard enough to get here in Dublin.

kibris and jake 51 like this.
  9. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

KASTAMONU, kibris and peril like this.
  10. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

chıcken harci ,few chıps,salad then black grapes and melon

KASTAMONU, peril and jake 51 like this.
  11. peril

peril Connoisseur

Lamb sauté with mixed veg and rice with chickpeas. Melon banana and apricots for afters.

jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  12. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

peril likes this.
  13. peril

peril Connoisseur

We had a vegetable curry last night with spicy rice and I made a batch for the freezer as well. Tonight I'll be making fish parcels with hake with a pesto crust beans sprouting broccoli and vine tomatoes. We'll probably finish with some apricots and melon ( if we've room!)

jake 51 and sexyshirl like this.
  14. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

peril likes this.
  15. peril

peril Connoisseur

Last night we had pork fillet with a coriander crust on a bed of chickpeas, black eyed beans, and roast red peppers with some wilted spinach. Himself had some chocolate mousse- I had none-#feeling virtuous!

jake 51 likes this.
  16. peril

peril Connoisseur

Is that coriander I spy garnishing your rice and chilli Jake? If so,where did you get it? I saw it once in Bodrum market - but never saw it again!