1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

kibris, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ı thınk ı,ll do omlette and a few bıg chıps tonıght and ım makıng a drop of chıcken noodle soup thıs afternoon

peril and jake 51 like this.
  3. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris and peril like this.
  4. peril

peril Connoisseur

jake 51 likes this.
  5. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ıve quartered 2 chıcken fıllets and gonna roast wıth roasted veg-- toms, bıber, onıon, spuds and a bıt of ekmek to mop up the juıces---no fruıt tıll market tomorrow

peril, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  6. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

7. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight its artichoke hearts and salad( all from the Tuesday market and lovingly brought home)followed by freezer surprise - pork cheeks I cooked and brought back from Malta with some sweet potatoes.

8. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

KASTAMONU, kibris and peril like this.
  9. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

back to weıght watchıng so after a good old walk round the market and a walk around the town ı got home around 7pm and dıd courgette soup ın the pressure cooker--just courgettes,chıcken stock cubes and water and ı loved ıt! Had a bowl of that wıth a lıttle bıt of ekmek then 4 tomatoes and 2 hard boıled eggs then a few cherrys.A nıce mug of the soup before ı sleep wıll send me off nıcely.

jake 51, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  10. peril

peril Connoisseur

Roast chicken with parsley and Parmesan crusted courgette chips and some green beans this evening.

jake 51, kibris and KASTAMONU like this.
  11. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

My Daily Diet breakfast..

Attached Files:

kibris likes this.
  12. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

More of me courgette soup and hard boıled eggs and tomatoes for lunch wıth a few cherrys then tonıght a tuna salad wıth pıckled cuke and onıon and a few more chrrys and ıve made gınger and lemon ıced tea.

13. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

14. peril

peril Connoisseur

Well we're all funeraled out after the weekend and tonight himself cooked - pork steak in a cream orange and brandy sauce with leeks, green beans and tender stem broccoli.

kibris and jake 51 like this.
  15. cian gilmore

cian gilmore Expert

Pork chops,browned on pan and into really hot oven for 4/6 mins, creamy mash with knob of butter,
    and here is the clincher BAKED BEANS, fantastic ,brought me back to me childhood,
    unfortunately grabbed the handel of the hot frying pan without thinking....................you may have heard me in Kusadasi,
    hot frying hand.
    Again tried moussaka.............disaster ,must get receipt from chef in Anatoila.
    Still no great success with slow cooker................everything appears and tastes bland,
    no takers for seconds.

jake 51, peril and kibris like this.
  16. peril

peril Connoisseur

Cian - a trick that works for me is very little liquid and no seasoning herbs or flavouring until the very end- it seems to disappear if you put it in at the beginning.

jake 51 and cian gilmore like this.
  17. cian gilmore

cian gilmore Expert

How are things in Kusadasi at the moment,?will be over early next month

jake 51 likes this.
  18. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

Beautiful day...drinking Turkish tea & listening to Cool Jazz on my balcony...all well here Cian though prices have gone up a few lira in many bars & restaurants...the very good Exchange Rates make up for this...(Sterling 4.63 yesterday) ...

jake 51 and cian gilmore like this.
  19. peril

peril Connoisseur

It's warm Cian - nice warm not too hot or muggy. As Kas says the exchange rate is good - ,3.85 to the € in the change shop- must be just the 4 mark in the bank. Fruit and veg prices up a little on last year but nothing dramatic. Aer lingus flight on Tuesday was almost full and Saturday seems sold out - and there are plenty of Turkish tourists around. Nice bit of a buzz around centrum.
    Last night we had carbonara and a green salad followed by a big wedge of melon. Missed the Tuesday market so paid a visit to Gurmar and stocked up until Friday.

jake 51, cian gilmore and KASTAMONU like this.
  20. cian gilmore

cian gilmore Expert

Fantastic day here today , but as you know ! could have snow tomorrow.Nice to see such a clear blue sky for a change..................that's the thing about Kusadasi ,you can be 99% certain with the weather.