1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. peril

peril Connoisseur

Might have a go at making some hot and sour soup over the next few days- haven't have that for ages.
    Tonight we had veal escalope with kohlrabi, courgette, leek and mash.

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

John added 3 new photos.
    Just now ·
    What delights did you cook today added 3 new photos.
    Published by John · 2 mins ·

A Treat For Me Tonight,Smoked Haddock,& Queen Scallops,With Parsley Sauce,Buttered New Potatoes,,Broad Beans,Orange & Yellow Carrots,And Some Brocolli....

Attached Files:

kibris, Thomas45 and peril like this.
  3. peril

peril Connoisseur

Aintree racing started today - himself has a great interest - me not so much as I've often lost my Cheltenham winnings backing donkeys at Aintree! So no nags for me for the next three days ( although I had a bit of s slip and backed two winners today)!
    Tonight we had a fig salad and then a bean and sauceage casserole with an apple to follow.

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  4. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

jake 51 likes this.
  5. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

Oh...fab... :oops:

jake 51 likes this.
  6. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

What delights did you cook today

Tonight ..Griddled lamb Cutlets,...Oyster Mushrooms,..Corn On the Cob...,Rocket Salad,...Cherry Tomatoes in Balsamic Vinegar,...Baked Potato & Yogurt...& Some Mint Sauce...

Attached Files:

kibris, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  7. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight we had some pan fried salmon dauphinois potatoes, leek and courgette, asparagus green beans and sugar snap peas. We've both managed to get head colds so I've made some broth this evening for himself tomorrow as I'll be babysitting again and out all day.!

kibris and KASTAMONU like this.
  8. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

What delights did you cook today added 3 new photos.
    Published by John · 18 mins ·

Last Night At Our Cyprus Home ,Heading Back TO Kusadasi Tomorrow,..So Improvising Tonight,A Princess Steak & Kidney Pie, Butterd New Potatoes & Some Peas,&Some Garlic Bread..

Attached Files:

kibris, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  9. peril

peril Connoisseur

Babysitting duties again and the whole family landed in at my daughters house- just like old times - and they all wanted dinner! I'd brought pork chops which did for most of them, spare spaghetti Bol from Monday was still in the fridge and that sorted another with the Turkish sil having some of the chicken curry I was cooking for tomorrow. Then I legged it home and did spicy prawns with ramen noodles for himself and me- going to bed shortly - rock climbing with a four year old and a six year old is tiring I've discovered!!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    kibris, Thomas45, miketutun and 2 others like this.
  10. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

t Uner sitesi..John's & Helens home.
    Just now · Kuşadası ·
    What delights did you cook today added 2 new photos.
    Published by John · Just now ·

Tonight,Grilled Liver & Bacon, Onions,Griddled Peppers & oyster mushrooms,Mushy Peas,,, Cherry Tomatoes In Balsamic Vinegar, & Rib Sticking Gravy....Washed Down With A glass Of Guinness

Attached Files:

peril, KASTAMONU and kibris like this.
  11. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

tonıght ıve got bolognese soup wıth grılled cheese on ekmek and a bıt of mınce and onıon wıth buttery mash and cabbage followed by strawberrys and a dollop of yoghurt---strawberrys are massıve,taste fabulous and only 5tl per kılo off the market,:)

peril, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  12. Sash

Sash Expert

Just paid £3.00 for a tub of strawberrys in Tesco, they looked fab, but no taste whatsoever, really disappointed;)

peril, kibris and jake 51 like this.
  13. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Tonight A Simple Macaroni Cheese ,Using Scottish Cheddar..With Some Salad..

peril, kibris and KASTAMONU like this.
  14. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ıve got a baked spud,
    ham,salamı and hard boıled egg salad wıth frıdge pıckles onıon and cuke and ı dıd some pıckled beetroot a few days ago--nıce beets only 1tl per kılo off the market so the only cookıng today was a batch of hard boıled eggs--ı hardboıled 10 and the rest can be used for breakfast or egg n mayo buttys

jake 51, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  15. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight was the remains of the weekend spread we had on Tipperary. It was a long way from Tipperary this evening due to bank holiday weekend traffic and I was glad that I'd brought back some of the leftovers - prawn and avocado salad to start followed by turkey and ham and I just added some mixed beans and some spuds and thejob was oxo. Knackered due to staying up with my much younger sisters in laws until 5 am two nights in a row and getting up at 9.30 to cook and bake #i'mnottwentyanymore#:(

jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  16. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

just havıng egg n mayo on a splıt ekmek tonıght wıth a bowl of salad then some orange and banana wıth a blob of yoghurt

jake 51, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  17. peril

peril Connoisseur

What's good on the market these days KiB - I've seen you mention strawberries and beetroot- how are the tomatoes and what price are they? Anything really good price and quality wise at the mo? We're heading over in just over two weeks and I can't wait to go to the market!

jake 51 likes this.
  18. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

spuds are 4kılo for 5lıra--bananas are 7lıra per kılo---tomatoes 2 and 3lıra per kılo---carrots 2lıra per kılo---aubergıne 2lıra per kılo--huge cabbage and caulıs 2lıra each---courgettes 2lıra a kılo---onıons 75krus per kılo--melon has just arrıved and the strawberrys have come down to 5tl per kılo--the best buy was the beetroot-- nıce qualıty and only 1tl per kılo.Another salad tonıght wıth bıts of cold meat and cheese and some of me fab pıckled beetroot and some bıg chunky chıps and ı thınk ı,ll make a rıce puddıng.:)

jake 51 and peril like this.
  19. peril

peril Connoisseur

Thanks KiB - great to get an update! I can nearly be planning my menus from that!
    Last night beef curry and rice - tonight it will be pulled pork with coleslaw and salad on a few crusty rolls.

jake 51 likes this.
  20. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

peril and KASTAMONU like this.