1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ım makıng a lemon and gınger drınk --slıce a lemon and put ın a 1 lıtre jug add a heaped teaspoon of gınger powder fıll wıth water and mıcro on hıgh for 10 mınutes --straın lıquıd of add more water and repeat a couple of tımes tıll you get all the goodness out of the lemon.Plenty of tomato soup left and ı added turmerıc and gınseng to ıt so a bıg bowl of that tonıght and a couple of poached eggs wıth toasted ekmek--no butter--- then oranges and a lıttle dance ın the kıtchen to a couple of motown numbers where nobody can see me---ı used to love dancıng when ı was young--never needed to bloomın dıet then!!! lol---the drıfters tomorrow------:confused:

KASTAMONU likes this.
  2. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

İ rarely cook Kib :confused: but often have a dance round the bedroom to music on my little radio...hubby will join me for a twirl soon...he is rather shy but he's my film star & best mate when he's home (mainly LOL ...)

Thomas45, jake 51 and kibris like this.
  3. peril

peril Connoisseur

There must be something to that dancing - himself is always bopping around the dining room while listening to cds-anything suits him as long as it's fast and when I'm out he has the music so loud it's painful to the ears! And he's a skinny fecker that eats loads of sweet things that I stir away from- but I put on the weight merely looking at what he eats!
    Tonight we're having pan fried sea bass with potatoes, turnip, sprouts, courgette and leeks. Then a night of form study for Cheltenham which starts tomorrow.

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  4. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  5. peril

peril Connoisseur

Last night we had home made burgers with spicy sweet potato wedges and salad. Tonight we'll have prawns with chilli and garlic and stir fried beef with noodles. Cheltenham may be torrid for Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh but I'm up a few bob at the end of day two- two days remaining to either win or lose me shirt!

kibris, KASTAMONU and jake 51 like this.
  6. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

What delights did you cook today added 2 new photos — at Profitis Elias, Protaras
    Published by John · 59 mins · Paralimni ·

Tonight Deep Fried Breaded Cod.With Chunky Chips .Minted Peas .Onion Rings.Some Salad..& Loads Of Tartare Sauce

Attached Files:

7. peril

peril Connoisseur

Last night I was out to dinner with three old school pals- one of them cooked and I really enjoyed her pan fried salmon potatoes and mixed veg- and copious glasses of wine followed by calypso coffees! Rolled home at 4.00am- haven't done that in years. Had a good end to Cheltenham with a couple of winners and places - did better than himself and the boy and I'm the one who knows nothing about horses! Himself had spiced lentils lamb chops and mixed green veg last night which I left for him to nuke. Tonight I've fed the lads griddled asparagus and salad to start and they'll finish with rib eye steaks, roast potatoes, turnips mushy peas and courgette and leeks. They're none too happy as neither had a winner today. Not that I'm gloating but I hate sore losers:)!

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  8. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

lovely weather yesterday but by 4pm the sky was nearly black and people scuttlıng off home out of the way of a possıble storm.I got some nıce leeks off the market so ıts a bıg pot of leek and tater soup and very posh nosh later---fısh fıngers on ekmek wıth a good squeeze of tomato ketchup!

jake 51, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  9. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris, PaulandJan and peril like this.
  10. peril

peril Connoisseur

Wet and very blustery today- but can't complain as we've had great weather up to yesterday
    This afternoon we had fried tofu in tomato and black pepper sauce. Then tonight it was pulled pork and a mixed salad. Feeling a bit flat after the excitement of the past week.

kibris and jake 51 like this.
  11. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

tonıght a ham and boıled egg salad wıth a baked spud

peril, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  12. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

İm out Sunday chilling with a glass of rose & delish stuffed mega full 'Kumpir'...jacket potato...nice little Turkish street where the small Migros is in Centrum...love it here & prices very reasonable...

kibris, peril and jake 51 like this.
  13. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

kibris, KASTAMONU and peril like this.
  14. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight it was veal escalope with mash, turnip cauliflower and broccoli. I had fruit for afters and himself had fruit and ice cream.

kibris, KASTAMONU and jake 51 like this.
  15. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

yes nd that cafe on the corner below wom shop does very reasonable prıces and lots of turks go there all year round --çay ıs only 1tl--all the young ones meet theır lıttle mates there and theres some good pızza places ın that street as well.

Tonıght tuna salad wıth marıe rose sauce and a few bıg chıps.

16. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight was chicken piri piri with spinach, cauliflower and stuffed mushrooms. Another cold snap dogging us here in Ireland - toll on April when we head to Malta for a wedding and then a few days later the start of a seven week trip to Kusadasi!

kibris, garyadele and jake 51 like this.
  17. garyadele

garyadele Expert

spag bol tonight followed by a nice fruit flan with fresh cream :)

jake 51, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  18. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

chıcken and mushrooms panfrıed wıth garlıc on jasmıne rıce --salad on the sıde

19. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Attached Files:

garyadele, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  20. kustu

kustu Addict

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

First trials of my home made wood oven, lavash, Lamachun and Prawn casserole. Worked out really well.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

kibris, jake 51, garyadele and 2 others like this.