1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you cook tonight?

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by kibris, Dec 15, 2009.

1. peril

peril Connoisseur

Another grey miserable day here in Dublin - notwithstanding all the red roses and other tributes to be found everywhere for the day that what was in it. We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day next weekend - and have a nominal celebration tonight. So we just had hunkar begendi for dinner with a few glasses of Zinfandel. Wasn't have bad if I say so myself( and I just have!).

jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  2. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

brıght sunsshıne here but only 8c and a cold wınd--ı got back ın bed wıth my breakfast on a tray---made chıcken and mushroom curry last nıght so only got to heat ıt up later

peril, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  3. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Tonight a back seat street restaurant in Bangkok..all for under £20..2 very large beers,3 cokes,starters crispy pancake rolls, onion rings ( both came with dips ) main course for me was sweet & sour massive king Prawns..the missus had Thai green curry chicken & a couple of portions of special fried rice could,nt fault anything..gorgeous..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    peril and kibris like this.
  4. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

the wınd ıs stıll very chılly but brıght, sunny and 9c---tonıght one of my faves --tomato soup and bıg gooey cheese omlette wıth a few chıps

5. peril

peril Connoisseur

Last night we had braised calamari with onions peppers chorizo and loads of spicy paprika and tomatoes all mopped up with some freshly baked rolls. Fresh fruit for after.

kibris, jake 51 and KASTAMONU like this.
  6. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Just had the most amazing soup/ stew i have ever had.in an expat bar in Patong...about a dozen king prawns. Cauli.brocolli. chinese & oyster mushrooms.carrots..cabbage.onions.glass noodles.in a chicken /fish stock.(the noodles i will bring a load back with me)all for 130 bat..( pennies)

kibris, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  7. peril

peril Connoisseur

Sounds like Thailand is close to being food paradise Jake!
    Last night we had a beetroot and goat cheese salad with some lemon sole, courgette, leek and cabbage after and an apple to finish.

kibris, KASTAMONU and jake 51 like this.
  8. peril

peril Connoisseur

Last night we had a fig salad- I'm able to buy 4figs for €2,45 these times and we had them with Serrano and mozzarella on a bed of leaves. Later we had pan fried 5 spice duck breast with pickled red cabbage, leek and courgette and some mushy peas. Too full for afters.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    jake 51, kibris and KASTAMONU like this.
  9. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

a lovely 19c sprıng day here ın kus and ı even saw a couple of shorts wearers ın centrum--market not very busy and lots of stalls mıssıng.INONU BULVARIA closed off as theyre re-doıng the road---tonıght gourmet food--fısh fıngers on ekmek ,good squırt of tomato sauce and a few bıg chıps--handsome!!!

Thomas45, jake 51, Rhona and 2 others like this.
  10. peril

peril Connoisseur

There no shirts let alone shorts being worn here I can tell you- long johns and the "terminal ' vests are still the clothes of choice!
    Tonight on account of the night that was in it we had seafood pancakes and a green salad with a fresh fruit salad made by himself for afters- together with some nice Shiraz. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow is the start of the forty days of lent!

11. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Tonight Griddled Smoked Gammon Steak & Pineapple,& B/Q Sauce..,Buttered Garlic Spinach,....Cheese & Onion Croquettes,...Griddled Peppers,& Onions & Mushrooms.....

Attached Files:

12. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

Tonight ,Sweet & sour Chicken Hong Kong Style, Boiled Lemon Basamati Rice ,Prawn Crackers...

13. peril

peril Connoisseur

Tonight we had a prawn salad with slow roasted lamb chops crushed butter beans, red cabbage and some roasted beetroot and onion to follow. Forgot it was Ash Wednesday but we'll do the fast and abstinence tomorrow instead!

KASTAMONU and jake 51 like this.
  14. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

A Light Supper Tonight,Smoked Salmon & Prawns Brown Wholemeal Buttered Bread & Some Salad,..Followed By Cheese & Biscuits & Some Fruit..,..

Attached Files:

15. peril

peril Connoisseur

Today we had our one main meal and two small collations as we missed out on Ash Wednesday so it was oatmeal and yoghurt for breakfast vegetable soup for lunch and mackerel with broccoli and beetrootfor dinner. No afters tonight!

jake 51, kibris and KASTAMONU like this.
  16. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ıve been good and cooked a chıcken then made chıcken and veg stew wıth some of ıt but kept the breasts for sandwıches--ı dıd buy a nıce bıg pıece of cheese but no chocolate, bıkkys or cake or anythıng else lıke that--stıll eatıng loads of oranges and fruıt---gonna make more soup tomoz wıth carrots onıon and pumpkın just for drınkıng ın a mug and ım stıll on the hot lemon water fırst thıng ın a mornıng but ıve run out of me turmerıc!

17. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

What delights did you cook today added 3 new photos.
    Published by John · Just now ·

Tonight Seafood Tagliatelli..With Some Salad.

Attached Files:

18. peril

peril Connoisseur

Does the lemon water and turmeric work for arthritis KiB? The old gammy hip is acting up a bit these times and I'd try thatmixture if i thought it would work.
    Tonight it was chicken hasseback with mozzarella and tomatoes , champ turnip and roasted cauliflower. Mixed fresh fruit for afters.!

KASTAMONU, jake 51 and kibris like this.
  19. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

ı usually put turmerıc and gınseng ın my soup and stews and my aches seem worse sınce ıve run out of both but spıce stall ı use ısnt on on a tuesday--she only does frıdays!---the lemon water ıs somethıng ım only just tryıng as neıghbour gave me a carrıer bag of small lemons --ı slıce 2 small lemons and put them ın a lıtre jug fıll wıth water and mıcro on hıgh for 1omıns full power---have a google at that lıvestrong sıte and see what you thınk--no harm ın tryıng ıt anyway luvvy but ıts gone a bıt warmer here and ıts around 19c so that helps too!---ı dıd caulı,carrott and tater mash wıth chıcken stew tonıght and sat ın bed wıth ıt on a tray watchıng sons of anarchy epısodes on the lappy yum!

20. peril

peril Connoisseur

I use turmeric too in stews curries etc - got a bit of a scunner with the ginseng-it burnt the living gizzard out of me first time I tried it! I've a load of lemons so I'll try turmeric and lemon and see what happens - can't do me any harm. Unfortunately wet and cold here still so no respite for me with the weather. Lucky you in 19c - we can't even manage 9c!

KASTAMONU and jake 51 like this.