1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by wombat, Jul 17, 2004.

1. wombat

wombat Explorer

Hi All, My wifes sisters are going out next weekend to kusadasi,
    can anyone give use an idear what the weather will be like esp how
    Hot 8), they are taking 3 young teenagers along so need to know
    what to bring Re sun tan lotion factor.

Cheers all Wombat

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

between 35-40C degrees

3. wombat

wombat Explorer

Phew! 8)

4. Don't worry wombat, they will get used to it in 1 day. They will feel so fine when they take a swim in the cool waters of the Eagean.

5. Susanc

Susanc Addict

The weather doesnt feel as hot as back home cos there is virtually no humidity. It could be 20 degrees in dublin and you wouldnt be able to breathe back home but in kusadasi even though its 40 or more it doesnt feel it . You will have a ball and I will be there on august the 1st and I cant wait.

Sue

6. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Wombat,
    Tell them to take a high factor sun lotion, at least factor 30 for the first few days, it is HOT out there at the moment!! & nothing worse than getting burnt on the first few days & ruining the rest of their holiday!!

also tell them that if they take any of the boat trips, to cover up!! the breeze that you feel while on the boats takes away the heat, and you can get SO burnt!! i saw quitw a few people walking round in agony while i was there 2 weeks ago, lobster red is a n understatement of how burnt they were!!

Claire

7. Susanc

Susanc Addict

tip

I do have a tip if anyone does get sunburnt. The turks drink a cocktail of soda water, real lemon juice and salt to reydrate themselves when the weather gets very warm and they have been on the beer. I am sure there is a name for it but believe me it does work cos I used it meself.

Cheers everyone
    Sue :clap: ;)

8. bEaCh BoY

bEaCh BoY Fan

Re: tip

interesting.. :cheesy: :clap:

I like the sun.. Sun is my friend 8)

9. Susanc

Susanc Addict

beach boy

Hi there beach boy it really does work and if viva or kusadasi guy or cemeesti can give me the name of this cocktail at least I can ask for it by name.

CHEERS GUYS

SUE

10. **claire**

the best cure for sunburn that i have found is natural yoghurt, put it all over your burnt bits :oops: beofre you go to bed!! it smells awful, but it takes the sting out of your burn & the next morning you will wake up in a lot less pain!!

11. Susanc

Susanc Addict

Claire

Hi Claire,

Are you in Kusadasi at the moment and if so what is the temperature there at this very moment. If anyone else knows I would appreciate the info.

Cheers sue

12. **claire**

Unfortunaltly im in sunny (oh sorry!! Rainy) england at the momment!!
    but i just checked the weather in Kus for you & its 88degrees as im writing this!!! Beautiful!!!
    ohh i want to go back to the sun!!! :(

13. Susanc

Susanc Addict

rain

:cry: Its bloody raining in Ireland as well its so unfair but I am away the 1st of August. Where did you get the weather report from is there a site you went in to

sue

14. I would give you the name of the cocktail if there was tequila instead of soda. But I don't know that mixture with the soda.

Soda+lemon+salt... I really never heard about it being good for the sun burns.

Tequila+lemon+salt... This is the greatest thing in the world. I am sure it will help with your sun burns. :razz:

15. rincewind

rincewind Explorer

weeeelll that will help... If you drink enough the following hangover will let you forget your sunburn :twisted: :) :)

16. Susanc

Susanc Addict

tequila

That mixture will definitely make you forget the sunburn and also forget where you are you could end up in the middle of nowhere,

Sue

17. rincewind

rincewind Explorer

oouch I remember once with a couple of friends...
    äähm... but that would lead off topic :lol: :lol:

18. Susanc

Susanc Addict

Its 8.30 in the morning in dublin and its 16 degrees in turkey and I think they are 1 or 2 hours ahead I can never remember its A WHOPPING 28 DEGREES God its such a beautiful way to see the beginning of the day watching a kusadasi sunrise mind you we would only be coming in after the night before. If anybody is going to the beach of which LONG BEACH is the best put a very high factor sun lotion on as the sea breeze is very dangerous. Enjoy your hols one and all.

Take care

Sue

19. wombat

wombat Explorer

The Wifes family have made it safely, there all finding the heat a bit to
    much but are still having a good time, they are off to the market this week
    then on a 3 beach boat trip, so lots of prizzies for me I hope

they are staying at the ?Happy Hotel Ladies Beach and love the beach

Wombat

20. Susanc

Susanc Addict

Hi Wombat glad to hear they made it safely is it really warm? kusadasi guy put a weather forecast on the forum and sometimes when i look at it it has sunny weather butit has a cloud over the sun . I hope its not cloudy even though its warm. Are you a bit sad cos you and your wife are not there as well I would say you are. Anyway I am off on Sunday myself and I am afraid between now and when I go there will not be much work done as you can probably see.

Take care for now Wombat

Sue :wave: :wave: