1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Visa

Discussion in 'Talk about Turkey' started by happygirl, Jan 7, 2005.

1. happygirl

happygirl Explorer

visa's

Hi i would like some info on about how hard it is for a turkish man/woman to appy for a visa.
    And how long it takes.
    Anyone with any info i would be greatfull

2. Hi happy girl its diffirent from all european countrys and for person to person.
    I only waited 4weeks to get my answer but another danish girl i knew had to wait 6weeks and got a no! have no idea why.
    also im talking to some friends from england and belgium that find it extremly difficault getting a visa for their loves/friends.
    U should count on from when u go to the embassy till u get a answer min. 4weeks u can have to wait up to 8-10 weeks.
    I dont know where u r from so i dont wanna give u the details about how it works in DK, bcause i know for a fact its diffirent from country to country..
    Maybe u could ask somebody from your own country and go to your gouverments webpage, to see what what u need. But be aware, they might only say that the the one that applies for the visa only need to fill out a form and give them 2pics... not true AT ALL.
    Anyway good luck with it and try to get some advice from people from your own country that have tryed it all before.

3. happygirl

happygirl Explorer

Thankyou charlotte for your reply.
    Im from English and my Husband is Turkish.
    Any little info is nice to know than no info.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed.

4. Well i will keep my fingers crossed for u.. trust me i know how hard the waiting is, it can drive u crazy :1pissed:

5. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

HappyGirl

Getting a visa for your husbund to come to England can be a difficult process .. the same as charlotte has said, some poeple find it easy, others find it very hard.

There are immigration rules that you have to abide by
    see this link..
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977150133
    he will need to apply at the British embassy .. see link below
    http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029395231&a=Collection&aid=1013618517411

To make an application you will need

a completed Application form VAF2 - Settlement
    • your valid passport or travel document ​
    • two recent passport sized photographs ​
    • the visa fee, which is non-refundable, and must normally be paid in the local currency of the country where you are applying ​
    You will have to attend an interview. At the interview you should have the following documentation available:
    • your birth certificate
    • your marriage certificate
    • your sponsor’s birth certificate
    • recent statements or letters from your sponsor’s United Kingdom employer, bank, local authority or building society on support and accommodation that will be available for you in the United Kingdom
    • letters written by you and your sponsor which are relevant to your application
    • divorce or death certificate of you or your spouses previous husband or wife (if you were married before)
    • evidence that your sponsor is settled in the United Kingdom in the form of an attested copy of his or her passport or registration certificate
    Once you have applied:
    The Entry Clearance Officer will check that he or she has all the information that is needed to make a decision. If more information is required you may be asked to return with additional information before your application is decided.

FURTHER ADVICE AND INFORMATION
    You can get further advice and guidance about visas from:

UKvisas
    LONDON SW1A 2AH

General enquiries: (+44) (0)20 7008 8438
    Application forms: (+44) (0)20 7008 8308
    E-mail: www.ukvisas.gov.uk/enquiries

Good Luck;)

6. happygirl

happygirl Explorer

Clarie
    Thanks for all your info.
    we have already done the paper work, and he has an appointment soon.
    this places is great for any info
    thanks again.

7. Andrea

Andrea Member

hope it all works out for u