1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Tv satalite for Summer please

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by carmel, Jun 9, 2010.

1. peril

peril Connoisseur

Very interesting Harriet9- do you know how much the modem costs roughly and is the cost based on usage or is it unlimited?

2. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Hi Peril Alldaywifi is just a Mifi (same as you already have) and costs around 140tl a week to rent you are better off with your own mifi, however this too seems expensive. Depending on how long you go to Turkey for, would you not be better to have internet installed at around 30tl per month from TurkCom ? That's 360tl per year... just something to think about. if you decide to go that way you will need to take your passport and a utility bill to the shop to get the connection setup.

peril likes this.
  3. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

TTNet???

4. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

lol just realized TT net and Turk telekom are the same oooppps!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    KASTAMONU likes this.
  5. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

We found them slow where we lived before but it was a village! ...

6. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

neıghbour has an unlımıted ttnet package and ıts around 60tl per month .

7. peril

peril Connoisseur

I heard you need resident papers to have the internet installed - if you don't that's an option I'd go for. We have Internet on the site but it comes and goes and is completely erratic- hence us having the Mifi. That sounds like a good deal SS - I'll be looking into it in September.

sexyshirl likes this.
  8. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

No residency papers required Peril x

9. mbh

mbh Explorer

Tried to get this in Turk Telecom in Davutlar in July....a VERY exasperated service provider finally told me to go to Kusadasi!!!! Lost heart and went across the road to Turkcell and got a vinnwifi. 409 lira for device,sim and maximum top up. Was happy with the device especially with 2 teenage girls in tow

peril likes this.
  10. harriet9

harriet9 Expert

https://alldaywifi.com/ Here is the link and as far as I know it's unlimited.

peril likes this.
  11. T & N BECK

T & N BECK Addict

Hi we have mifi which has been great but now we have brought a box over from back home, now mifi isnt enough. With streaming which is great by the way, the mifi runs out pretty quicky. We went to centrum today and apart ftrkm tt and post office we went in tc, voda etc about unlimited internet. All said no because we do not have res permit. Really gutted. Tc did say it might happen next year

peril likes this.
  12. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I did not have residency permit when I went to TT net Telekom facing Esaney restaurant,( 83 Inonu Blv) all that was required was passport and a utility bill. This was in May and my neighbours in the same situation also had it installed... try there
    Hope you get some success good luck

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    peril likes this.
  13. peril

peril Connoisseur

Thanks for that SS- I was about to ask how and where you'd gotten yours!

14. T & N BECK

T & N BECK Addict

Hi is tt on tax office street plus dont want to be cheeky but did you have unlimited plus roughly how much as we are trying to weigh up 12 monthly payments to using our mifi. Thanks

15. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Yes same street as tax office .across the street from Cagdas hotel . it's unlimited and costs 60 TL per month but I have been told you can suspend and restart later, not sure how true that is but I'm on the case

peril and jake 51 like this.
  16. T & N BECK

T & N BECK Addict

Sorry to be a pain but we went to tt shop great unlimited 60tl a month but it takes 10 days. We left it because we only had a week left, but next day we went in again to ask if we could set it up before we went as long as we had modem etc and then we would be ready for Xmas. The girl said she doesn't no and go to big shop opposite caranvansaray. We did but left it as it was mad.
    First can you tell me what happens when you sign contract, do they come straight out with router etc, then do you wait for connection
    Do you have to be there once the router is in
    Our Turkish friends said tt 3 days.
    If it is 10 days we have a problem at Christmas and Easter as we will only be there a week
    Thanks

sexyshirl likes this.
  17. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

T&N we went in one day and we're fully installed by day three afternoon. They provided the modem etc. But I did have to keep an eye on them installing, once that was worked out with the installers it was up running and ready to go .. 10 days seems far too long to me

18. T & N BECK

T & N BECK Addict

Thank you for reply. When we get there we will go in next day and just order it. We won't say we are only there for a week. Like I said our turkush friends had it in three days. But she wasn't having it with us. How is it, we have taken a kodi box out last time and it was brilliant plus my son had Netflix which was great, but ate up our mifi in a day. So if we get unlimited I will be able to watch anything only problem is then I won't ever want to come back to home ha.

Sorry another question did you have to put a line into the house or is it wireless. Thanks again

19. Sgreat

Sgreat Addict

I had the same experience... However I've since found out the Turk telekom shop in Davutla is just about Mobile services.... I ended up having to go to Kusadasi main office to get signed up... and I have to say, im very impressed with the speeds i'm getting currently. I regularly get at least 5mb up, and on occaision I've had 11+.. Dunno why I get such variations, but I aint moaning..

I was getting no more than 2mb with my turkcell vinnwifi, and at 89tl / 15gb it was fooking expensive...

I'm current paying 90tl /month on a 2yr contract for a totally unlimited service, I could have telephone but tbh we have our mobiles, no real need..

I had to wait nearly 2 weeks before TT finally got round to connecting me... and they currently use the ADSL2 on a VDSL2 Wifi router, and apparently in the throws of upgradeing the network in the Davutla Sitelier area...

So far so good, carnt wait for the upgrade... BTW You don't require residency to aquire there connection anymore... as long as you are the property owner!!

20. T & N BECK

T & N BECK Addict

Thanks for your reply. Was worried incase we needed a line put in etc. We don't need phone either as our Turkish phone is great. Vinn mifi has done its purpose but now ready for unlimited as the kodi is great but husband can also watch footie from his phone on tv, but not with vinn