1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Turkish Weddings

Discussion in 'Talk about Turkey' started by Reyesl, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Reyesl

Reyesl Explorer

Hello everyone. I am new here. Just wanted to say hello and drop a quick question. Let's just say that a foreigner is marrying a Turkish woman, is it true that the man is suppossed to buy gold for her. If it is true, about how much gold? What kind of gold? etc. May someone please let me know of any traditional things, items that I should be aware of.

Thank you,
    R

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

:D

Hello and welcome to Kusadasi Forums.

Buying a gold is just a tradition and you can buy whatever you want but as usually gold bracelet is most preferred wedding present.

3. thats while strange compared to over here wen gettin married! lol :|

4. Umit

do u wish that tradition there?

;) it's easy money

5. aw a dunno...
    awk naw i would rather get a ring lol ;)

6. Reyesl

Reyesl Explorer

Kusadasi-Guy,

Do you mean a single bracelet or like ten of them. From what I heard its like the more gold you get the better. Is that true? I heard about gold belts, Bracelets, coins etc. Let me know.

Thank you for your reply,
    Reyes

7. Umit

i will buy just a single gold bracelet and a gold necklace for my bride.

Sometimes less is more and/or enough ;)

8. Reyesl You do not have to buy anything but it is just a tradition as Kusadasi-Guy said. Best thing you can give her is your love. Don't worry about buying gold or what ever. This is not a problem. Your real problem is that you have to be circumcised. Don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt. They don't cut it all, Just a little bit from the edge :wave:

9. turquoise

turquoise Explorer

about the gold

Of course love comes first. But in all traditions you see that as a token of love you give the loved one jewels. In old traditions, before banks and savingaccounts exsisted, the gold the bride was given at the wedding and during the marriage, was hers to keep forever. If she would lose her husband, in what way ever, the gold was hers, as a nest egg.
    In Aruba for instance, I met a wonderful black mucisian who had his pension (money for old age) around his neck, litteraly, he was decorated with tons and tons worth of gold. Some people don't believe in banks and savingsystems: why put your money away when you can show it?
    Once on my many travels our guide complimented me (I feel it as a compliment) by saying: You are half Turkish, only the bracelets fail.
    In Spain as well, the girls wear 7 golden bracelets, because of the 7 days of the week. You buy them in sets. In many countries you see this tradition.
    Does that answer your question? Bey, see you.

10. ir_ru

ir_ru Explorer

Hello!
    Do you whant to meet with Ukrainian lady?
    Her profile www.edit-by-admin.com
    She like turkish men.

what dating sites with turkish men?

Thanks

11. Sootjuh

Sootjuh Fan

oh please :shock:

12. Umit

:banned2:

13. cherry

cherry Fan

This is not a problem. Your real problem is that you have to be circumcised. Don't be afraid, it doesn't hurt. They don't cut it all, Just a little bit from the edge
    OH VIVA THAT IS NOTHIN COMPARED 2 WHAT WE WILL DO 2 U LOL

14. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

HAHA YEAH A NEW RULE JUST COME THROUGH BY FAX.....A TINY LITTLE METAL WIRE POLE TO BE INSERTED UP A JAPS EYE.

15. cherry

cherry Fan

OH MELLA THATS 2 MUCH I WUDNT EVEN WISH THAT ON UMIT! LOL
    ALTHOUGH WE WUD USE IT AS A TRACKIN DEVICE, AND WE CUD HAVE A CONTROLER AND IF WE EVEN THINK THEY R CHEATIN WE CAN PRESS THE BUTTON AND BANG IT WILL BLOW UP SENDIN THEIR Y**** ALL OVER THE PLACE

16. Mella

THATS SUPERB CHERRY.

WELL DONE US.

NO WONDER THE FBI ASKED US TO BE PART OF THEIR SECRET AGENT TEAM.

WE ARE ONTO YOU ALL, EVERY ONE OF YOU. EVEN RATS, KNOWLEDGE MICE AND FREE Y*****S.

LOOK OUT, LOOK OUT, WE ARE ALL ABOUT...

17. cherry

cherry Fan

ID LOVE 2 GO 2 A BEACH FULL OF FREE Y****

18. Mella

YEAH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SITE. APPARENTLY THEY HAVE 2 CHINCHILLAS. NICE, SUCH MASSIVE, HUMUNGOUS CREATURES. THEY TAKE MY BREATH AWAY.

LMAO AM I CONFUSING YOU YET?

19. cherry

cherry Fan

I USED 2 HAVE A CHINCHILLA (4REAL) IT WAS A GREY ONE AND I CALLED HER BRITNEY....BUT SHE USED 2 BITE SO I GAVE HER BACK 2 THE PET STORE AND DEMANDED MY MONEY BACK LOL

20. Mella

LMAO. BRITNEY AND CHEZ HEHE. COOL NAMES