1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Travelling To Cappadocia

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by Kusadasi girl, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Kusadasi girl

Kusadasi girl Connoisseur

We would like to drive to Cappadocia, from Kusadasi in the summer, breaking our journey with an overnight stay and returning via a different route, again with an overnight break. Has anyone any advice or experience?
    Equally, we are looking for a hotel in/near Goreme and a balloon flight. Any advice and help will be gratefully received.

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

I drove there several times, from Kusadasi and Izmir, it is a bit long journey but the roads are nice and summers are really hot there.
    I cant wait to visit again in few weeks. I would like to see it in snow.
    We stayed at Millstone Cave Suites and it was very good.

3. Umit

And this is Millstone's breakfast:

4. peril

peril Connoisseur

I've been to cappadocia but not going from Kusadasi. I think it would be a very long drive with just one overnight- especially in the heat of summer- just my opinion. It might be better to stage the journey over a number of days and take in other places - maybe Konya on your way.

5. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

We did Cappadocia earlier this year.went by plane from Izmir.saying that some of our friends here drove there. so much more to see that way .we also done the balloon trip .what an eperience that was.but like many trips we.have done over the years..it is only done once..

KASTAMONU likes this.
  6. Anniebubble

Anniebubble Ladies Beach's First Lady

Somewhere we are thinking of going late spring 2017 early summer we will drive.

7. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

We did it in Winter many yrs ago ... Long journey but stopped overnight in E─čidir by the lake in small modest hotel...the lake is utterly beautiful so worth a thought...Agree Jake...we also visited one of the amazing underground cities at Kaymakl─▒ and by car found some of the lesser known Churches...fab ... but one visit was just enough ...

Anniebubble and Maura01 like this.
  8. Kusadasi girl

Thank you, all.

9. Anthony07

Anthony07 Welsh Prince

I drove there from Guzelcamli, its a long way but well worth the visit. Next time we go we will get the bus.

Anniebubble likes this.
  10. Kusadasi girl

We now have a plan and intend to break our outward journey with an overnight stay in Konya. Does anyone have any advice/experiences? Equally, would be very happy to receive any hotel recommendations.
    Many thanks, in advance

11. Umit

why not Afyon? There are thermal spa hotels there. never stayed in Konya.

Kusadasi girl likes this.
  12. Kusadasi girl

We are open to all suggestions, Umit. Have you stayed in any of the thermal hotels in Afyon? Do you have any recommendations?

13. Umit

i didnt stay, yet but have plan for this year. One of my friend stayed at Ikbal and he said the place was awesome and the restaurants around the town are unique.

14. Kusadasi girl

I am about to research. many thanks, Umit

15. Umit

Anniebubble, kay, peril and 2 others like this.
  16. Anthony07

Anthony07 Welsh Prince

It looks brilliant, I am thinking of going there next winter for a week as Figen loves the snow and the hot tub experience looks brilliant, I will have to look into it, thanks for the info.:thumbsup: :tup:

Anniebubble, kay and Umit like this.
  17. Umit

18. tracy s

tracy s Addict

19. tracy s

tracy s Addict

Hi Unit - we are planning to vist Cappadocia in may . This hotel looks amazing, please can you tell me if we would be better to book this direct or to go through an agent - we will be staying in kusadasi

20. Umit

Tracy, you should try both and see their prices.

KASTAMONU likes this.