1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

The big day has come ... (Turkey's process to EU )

Discussion in 'Talk about Turkey' started by PeiramatoZwo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. PeiramatoZwo

PeiramatoZwo Dirty Disgrace!

The following days some important decisions are going to be made, which will change Turkey (and perhaps the EU as whole)... let's see what the deal is going to be...

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Yes, tomorrow EU will say that 15 years later u will be joined us.

But thats still exciting becuase my children will be European ;)

3. Croushy

Croushy Fan

15 years? its so far. :-(

4. PeiramatoZwo

Maybe more... you know Turkey has many reforms to do just to have the same laws with the eu... will see... a better future for Turkey is in the EU...

5. Smilina

Smilina Fan

NOT AS FAR AS 20, WHICH IS THE FORECAST FOR SERBIA&MONTENEGRO AKA MY COUNTRY... :roll:

6. Croushy

Croushy Fan

Some times i dont understand policy... There r countries which asked it n waited only 5 years. In some of these countries the opinions n the rights r very different as in France, Germany or England... :roll:

7. PeiramatoZwo

Nope noone said 5 years... technically difficult...

8. Croushy

Croushy Fan

i heard of the entrance of Malta maybe 5 years before.

9. PeiramatoZwo

Ooo you mean compared to Turkey... well it's not the same... Croatia is going to enter earlier than Turkey, allthough they applied later. (Muslim country too... )

10. Croushy

Croushy Fan

Croatia? its not a muslim country

11. Smilina

Smilina Fan

CROATIA IS NOT MUSLIM COUNTRY, THEY ARE CATOLICS. BOSNIA IS MUSLIM COUNTRY AND SERBIA (AND MONTENEGRO) ORTHODOX.

12. Croushy

Croushy Fan

In Europe, exepted Bosnia n Albania there aint lots of Muslim countries...
    So maybe lots people r affraid becos of that

13. PeiramatoZwo

hmmm ok smilina thanks for the info (i thought they were more muslims than catholics!!) . Sorry for the mistake, (that explains all these ads with the christian temples :p )

Well Croushy in Europe, there aren't many muslim countries...

14. Croushy

Croushy Fan

Sorry my post has been cut by myself, i reedited it...

15. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Guys, 15 or more years is really shame!

i dont like it

16. PeiramatoZwo

yep me too. Well you know there are too aproaches to the EU. Some people want EU to become a big state (political union), and some others to stay as it is... in a political union Christians can get along easier with each other, and few muslims can be accepted...

17. Croushy

Croushy Fan

Yes but there are about 10 milions muslims in France n maybe more in German. But they are like "hidden" in this topic. I think its hypocrite

18. PeiramatoZwo

Nope they aint hidden, they simply are a minority in each country, 10 percent in France, smaller percent in Germany, Holland and Belgium (most of them Turks in the last 3 countries).

19. Smilina

Smilina Fan

YOU'RE WELCOME MY GREEK FRIEND :) MANY PPL THINK THAT WE ARE A MUSLIM COUNTRY (OR CROATIA) BECAUSE OF BOSNIA (WHICH IS) SINCE WE WERE THE SAME COUNTRY UNTILL 12-15 YEARS AGO. BUT THE FACT IS THAT WE HAVE HAD ALL THE RELIGIONS (WELL I MEAN THE MOST COMMON ONES) IN YUGOSLAVIA - CATHOLIC, MUSLIM AND ORTHODOX AND WE LIVED ALL TOGETHER. AS I'VE SAID BOSNIA HAD MUSLIMS, SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO ORTHODOX AND CROATIA CATHOLICS, AND WHEN WE APARTED, EVERYONE RETURNED TO THEIR ORIGINAL HABITATION.

20. PeiramatoZwo

I must admit that i knew about Serbia (we are orthodox too here in Greece), and Bosnia, but i made a mistake in Croatia...