1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

some local information please.

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by finchie, Oct 9, 2004.

1. finchie

finchie Fan

I have a question that somebody in Kusadasi might be able to help me with..
    I don't want to sound like some mad tree-hugger but... on our last visit to Turkey I asked the staff of the place we where staying in if they had somewhere we could put our plastics and stuff for re-cycling. They looked at me like I had grown a second head :(
    Is there somewhere that does take it... and if so.. where is it so next time we are there I can carry on doing my bit for the plant..It is something that is important to me and just throwing away all that plastic from bottles and things goes right against the grain..
    many thanks
    finchie

2. Sootjuh

Sootjuh Fan

That is a very good topic! maybe you should rename it. Because i did not see anything overthere wich implied reclycling or seperated garbage

(nor in greece, spain, italy for that matter)

3. Yes there are places you can give your plastics to be recycled. The municipality has a truck that collects plastics and paper. I'll learn more about it.

4. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

:shock: You mean to say that you don't recycle. Tut Tut Viva i hope you get eaten by an angry beaver.

5. finchie

finchie Fan

Thanks to you all for the imput on this.. I haven't noticed it in many other countries either to be honest..but as we have a house in Kusadasi now, I wanted to try to do the same there as we do here.
    If somebody does hear of anything.. would they just let me know please?
    many thanks
    finchie X

6. Sonny

Sonny Fan

hey that can be a good buisness for you you can keep and sell thel i know some ppl doing that job ..they save the nature from plastics and earn money ( dream job ) or you can keep them and there is a place next to graveyard thats place only for plastics .

7. Susanc

Susanc Addict

hi

Hi guys there are places aroung kusy but you need to bring the rubbish to them which is a bit of a pain in the butt. Also many of the better hotels do recycle just ask at reception