1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Some advice please

Discussion in 'Expat Forum' started by markgflyme, Jan 24, 2005.

1. markgflyme

markgflyme Explorer

Hi everyone,

I am looking to visit Kusadasi in Feb with a view to buying a property. I have done a fair amount of research and it appears to have all the attributes I am looking for. The only glitch was a couple of Turkish friends have advised me to avoid Kusadasi as it is a very dirty place and to busy to be enjoyable. I can honestly say I have seen no mention anywhere that Kusadasi is a dirty place, I would be most grateful for any comments. Thanks to you all.

2. Sonny

Sonny Fan

what kind of advices you want ? kusadasi is beatiful place if i buy a house i would pick somewhere in ladies beach or somewhhere close to city center so you wont have to take a bus problem and can go anywhere by foot....well i can recomend you i wouldnt buya house from a state agent i never think they are honnest especially about the prices ...well thats all i can say but im sure in this forum many people give you enough advices thats for sure .

3. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Hello Mark,

Welcome to the Forum, i dont think Kusadasi is dirty, you better check photos at
    http://www.kusadasi.biz/kusadasi-pictures.asp
    http://www.kusadasi.biz/kusadasi-pictures-2.asp

You HAVE TO be sharp and smart about buying property in Kusadasi becuase there are too many swindler agents here now and You MUST talk with your friends about your agent, must visit other agencies ...etc.

We have few members that sucessfully bought villa in Kusadasi and they are pretty happy. Just stay sharp when you come here.

4. Hi markgflyme

I have just returned from Kusadasi yesterday after picking up my Tapu, the estate agent I used done a fantastic job for me.

In Turkey most of the process is done on trust so make sure you choose the right person.

If you want I can pm her name if you are interested.

On cleanliness it is one cleaness places I have visited, in Summer due to volumes of people you may get a little rubbish lying around, but this is soon cleared up, in winter it is spotless all around the Centrum area.

Please contact me if you have any other questions

5. markgflyme

markgflyme Explorer

Thanks it's great to get such positive replies. I am looking forward to my time in Kusadasi, given it's Feb can anyone reccomend a decent bar to drink in at night. Could anyone kindly steer me in the right direction of a good hotel for 7 nights, all the estate agents want to help in this matter but I'd rather sort this out myself.

thanks. Mark G.

6. lofty

lofty Fan

Bars open in feb

Hey,
    From what ive heard there will be bars in barstreet open at weekends (kusadasi disco bar, harrys) but im not sure about anywhere else.

hope this helps

:)

7. Sonny

Sonny Fan

will be open but will be empty as well
    dont expect too much infact dont expect anything it will be so so very quite.

8. lofty

lofty Fan

Ah we'll liven the place up, lil old out of season kus will be bangin lol

hehehe

9. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Hi Mark,
    Many of the hotels close for the winter, so most of the tourist hotels that everyone stays in are not open.

if you click on the link below, you can contact Sun & fun travel agency & they can assist you with booking (& finding a hotel that is open)
    http://www.kusadasi.biz/hotels.asp

I think you will love Kusadasi, it is a beautiful place, & i have always thought how clean it is ... every morning you see the boardwalks & beaches being cleaned.

10. lenny1

lenny1 Explorer

House in Kusadasi

Hi Mark,
    Me and my wife bought a house in Kusadasi in July 2003 and the whole process was an absolute pleasure with the agent that we found.
    We met a couple of agents in our first week there but didn`t really `click` with them so chose to speak to others.
    We have been back 5 times since and we are now good friends with not only the agent but his family, friends and even his dentist !
    If you want any further details I could e-mail you his address and website so you can have a look.
    We are now thinking of changing our lives completely and going to live there at least 6 months of the year, keep us informed how you get on and if you need any help just contact me,
    Good Luck,
    Leon Schofield.

11. Brianmac

Brianmac Explorer

Estate agents

Hi Lenny,
    Hope you don`t mind me mailing you but I seen your comments about estate agents in Kusa and got me a bit worried.Myself and my wife are going over to Kusa on the 1st.of May for a weeks househunting we have a couple of things in mind but nothing certain yet.Could you possibly give us details of the estate agent you used he sounds like a good guy and more importantly honest.Thanks in anticipation mate,Brian :) :)

12. lenny1

lenny1 Explorer

Buying in Kusadasi

Hi Brian,
    I hope that my comments haven`t put you off kusadasi in any way, it is a fantastic place and i would definately recommend buying there.We have also signed up for 2 more apartments there which will be ready in May 2006, so we certainly like it !
    The agency that we used was `Best Real Estate` and the agent was called Nazmi Mustafa Mehmet.Take a look at his website if you want-www.kusadasiturkey.com,
    If you want any further details, ie pictures of our house or general info, then either I can mail you or you can give me a ring on 01613667977,
    Hope this helps,
    Contact you soon,
    Leon Schofield.

13. finchie

finchie Fan

Hi ya..
    I can give you my two pennies worth if it is any good?
    We got a place in Kusadasi last year and the whole process was painless. I never saw the area as dirty but.. saying that.. it's not "plastic" like when you look at places in other parts of the world either.

Property prices are for us Brit's are good when you compair them to buying here, and unlike buying here.. you don't get robbed by "hangers-on" who take 6-8 weeks to shuffle bits of paper from one desk to another. A lot of the buying is done on trust.(thats a word you don't here over here in the world of estate agents) hahahahaha

I will say one thing.. watch out for the add ons..
    make sure you ask what you are paying for, ask about site fees, what cost will be incured after you think you are signed up and proud owners of your place. If you have agreed work be done, make sure you know the cost involved are fixed and not going to change because the time of year.

Common sense will tell you what is right.. Stay focused and don't feel sucked in. If you don't understand something, ask them to explain it again and again. Any agent worth there salt wont mind in the least.

It is a fantastic place to visit, it is never dull, and the people make the whole expierence worth every penny.
    Hope I have been of some help?
    take care
    finchie..

14. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Great post!

But i have to add somethings...
    There are hundreds of real estate agents here now and most of them has not licence and they dont know what they are doing. And unfortunately we are hearing bad news almost everyweek about law courts.

Whats the common subject about that courts.
    For ex: the property value is 100$ but one estate sell that property in 180$ and then customer realize that he/she could buy that property in 110$ level....

SO; the customer MUST analyze the property price and ask the price at least 5-10 agents.

15. markgflyme

markgflyme Explorer

New Home from Home

I have just returned from kusadasi having bought some land and bungalow. I had a very positive experience from a helpful, unobstrusive etate agaent. If I can pass on the benefit of my experience to anyone please contact me. It is a beautiful place which I'm very much looking forward to exploring.

16. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

OHH lucky you!!!

Glad you had a good experience, nice to hear that not every estate agenty are 'cowboys' :confused:

Congratulations on your purchase, i Hope you enjoy Kusadasi for many years to come!! :)

17. bEaCh BoY

bEaCh BoY Fan

You did a smart thing buddy!! I am sure you won't regret it.. Why don't you build a hotel on your land and invite us over. hahaha

18. luckyahmet

luckyahmet Explorer

Hi
    Who says Kusadasi is a dirty place must be blind.
    Every place has its goods or bads.
    depends from which point of view you re looking at.
    besides if it goes like this it will be too late to find a cheap property in Kusadasi within few years.
    Now is the time to buy
    Keep in touch as i am an official translator for many estate agents in the notary public and in the deed office of Kusadasi
    luckyahmet@hotmail.com

19. Wow, there seems to be more and more people buying property in kusadasi these days!! My folks apartment is all signed for now and we got some of the papers back from the military last week, just waiting for the tapu now and a few other things because the military have requested a bigger map of the area!! Fingers crossed it should be officially ours in the next couple of weeks as we have waited around 7 weeks now? Does anyone know if it can take much longer than this time?

20. Hi chocolatehoney

Mine took 6weeks, but I have talked to people that it has taken 3 months, but dont worry its all worth it in the end.