1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Sirince

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by Damn_Fine_Black_Girl, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Sirince is a village up on the mountain near Selcuk. It's famouse for it's fruit wines, and the lovely surroundings.
    When u walk thorugh the narrow streets, the atmoshpere is filled with traditionel live turkish music played from the local wine houses. There r many of diffirent wine houses, where u get free tast samples of some fruit wines, after u can chose withs flavour u like, and later enjoy a bottle while listening to live turkish music.
    There r loads of wines to chose from, nearly every fruit taste u can get. But be careful, the wines r very sweet and u taste really really good. U dont taste the alcohol and can easily drink a whole bottle by yourself. u wont feel it before u stand up :razz:

If u wanna go on a tour while u r in Kusadasi, i can recommend Sirince

2. I agree with Charlotte. If you go early in the morning, be sure to have your breakfast there. It will be too much different then the breakfast you have in plastic bags at your hotel. It is one of the musts.

There are also two Churchs in the village of Sirince. Best pan cakes are cooked there. There are many kinds of pan cakes.

3. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

Sound's splendid.
    I'm going to have to write down all these places i want to visit when i come over, otherwise i'll forget. (My list is very loooooooong) but that's okay because i can only sit in the sun for a limited amount of time before i get bored so i go on adventures. I love exploring so i make everybody go on my little trips. Teeheehee

4. SariYellow

SariYellow Explorer

My list is also getting very long, I think I need aboput six months in there before I get enough time to do everything I want... :super:

5. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

AWW will have to add Sirince to my list as well...it sounds beautiful!!!!
    Thanks for telling us about Sirince charlotte!!!

C :cheesy:

6. :cheesy: u r very welcome claire

Take care

7. I was the same my first 2years, but this time i finally got to see a lot of things this year, and it was so nice to get away from kusadasi for a while to see something else.
    U should try to go next time cherry, u r missing out on some lovely places. But trust me i know how hard it can be getting out of bed after a night on bar st :D And there is still many things that i havent see yet, but i wanna. Hopefully next year

8. jeanke

jeanke Fan

u must eat at le jardin restaurant there...
    it is really good.

9. **claire**

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sirince (pronounced she-RIN-jay) is a wonderful little Aegean village of 600 inhabitants.

It is located in the hills which means pleasant nights even in hottest July, and in winter some frost and the occasional snowfall.

Most of the houses in the village date from the 19th century or earlier. They were built at a time when Sirince was predominantly a Greek village.

The village lies in a lovely bowl of hills surrounded by peach orchards, vineyards and olive groves. The higher hills are covered with pine forest.

Nearly all houses command a pastoral panorama extending over many miles, undisturbed by any modern development. The surroundings are full of idyllic country walks.

tourism has come into the village in recent years, bringing with it more than twenty souvenir shops, a dozen restaurants and a few guesthouses. But farming remains the principal activity.

Villagers make wine and olive oil, and grow some of the best peaches in the country. They greet strangers with a smile and very often invite them in for a cup of tea.

10. Eline

Eline Addict

Writing it all down...... :confused: Sounds great !!

11. Asla

Asla Fan

Oooohhh....I am staying in Sirince next week. :)

12. happygirl

happygirl Explorer

Hi i have also been to sirince and i must also say its a very nice place.
    Also the seven sleepers places is a great place to eat and have a drink.
    if you have not been there give it go.

13. Asla

Asla Fan

Meant to write something abour Sirince ages ago....

If your going to Kus, a visit to Sirince is an absolute must! No cars, very authentic, very quiet up in the mountains. If you go in the evening, chances are there will be few or no tourists. It was so peacful, all we could hear were the birds and a few goats as sat having a bottle (or two) of fab wine. So many to choose from though, that was the only problem I had.... ;)

14. marko

marko Fan

I'm planning to visit Sirince in July when I come to Kusadasi. What's the easiest way to get there?

15. Hephaestion

Hephaestion Connoisseur

I saw excursions bookable at local travel agents. Perhaps you can share a taxi with someone or there´s a dolmus via Selcuk.

I´ve heard lovely things about it. Never been there myself though.

16. Maro

Maro Fan

It is very easy to go to Sirince and ofcourse it is a must to visit it when you are in Kusadasi.

Just take a dolmus to Selcuk and in Selcuk you can take the dolmus to Sirince... easy and cheap ! So you can spend much more wine on the great fruit wines !
    You can give me a bottle of Visne Sarap any time :p !

17. Asla

Asla Fan

Oh get a Dolmus. Get one from Kus to Selcuk and Selcuk to Sirince. First time I went by motorbike and it was very scary coming back thru the mountains in the pitch dark. Especially after some of that crazy fruit wine.....tastes like Ribena, very dangerous. Can drink buckets of the stuff!

18. marko

marko Fan

Thanks a lot for the answers!
    I'm eager to taste those fruit wines!!!

19. **claire**

We did a day trip to Sirence & Selcuk last week,

The rep at my hotel was offereing a half day tour for £13 per person.

We took the dolmus to Selcuk (3ytl each way) & then connected to Sirince (2YTL each way) the dolmuses return to Selcuk every 30 mins, so you can basically stay in Sirince as long as you need to. so for a total of about £3.50 per person you can easily do it yourself. (with a bonus of being able to explore Selcuk on your return journey)

[​IMG]

20. Asla

Asla Fan

Did you love it there Claire?