1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

robbed while we slept

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by halesy, Jul 19, 2004.

1. halesy

halesy Explorer

we have just returned from golden day hotel & our hotel room was robbed while we slept in our bed,we wernt the only victims,there were 5 other rooms done aswell.we have ideas who did this but because of legal reasons we cannot say.apart from this we had a good time.

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

What a pity!..
    But, what the hotel staff said about this robbery?

3. halesy

halesy Explorer

the rep was less than useless,all he was interested in was his commission from the tours we booked.the hotel manager was very upset and could not appologise enough.

4. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

I am so sorry to heard that Halesy. Also i have read your hotel review and it's very unbiased and i am sure that it will help others.

i actually dont like to read negative comments/posts here but as a unbiased website we are now forcing all hotels in Kusadasi to be better i think. At least, if anyone can read your review then they re-decide to where to stay and cancel their booking from mentioned hotel if they have already booked.

And you can tell us also your travel agency.

Again, i am so sorry to heard that and thank You so much to share with us.

5. Susanc

Susanc Addict

halesly

God Halesly,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate mishap. I have to say I have never experienced a bad incident in Kusadasi other then the usual fights on the streets which happen sporadically. I would love to know what tour operator your with and dont forget to get a POLICE REPORT as you will need this to claim when you get back.

Take care
    sue :roll: :roll:

6. halesy

halesy Explorer

perfect choice was our tour operator. As we only lost under ten pounds (the rest of our money was put away safe) we were the lucky ones.Others lost cash and camera phones. We dont need police report because or exess is more than we lost. We did enjoy our stay in Kusadasi and will go back again at sometime.

7. dennywenny

dennywenny Explorer

Golden Day

HI, i'm booked to go to the Goldenday hotel next month and am wondering whether or not to go now can you give me any tips. thanks :|

8. Susanc

Susanc Addict

dennywenny

Hi DennyWenny,

Just make sure that you use the safety deposit boxes that should be provided in the hotel and everything should be ok. Also I have to stay that on the odd occasions that I have heard of these robberies it has been the toiurists that have been responsible unfortunately. I wouldnt let this incident stop you from coming away on hols remember forewarned is better than not knowing as you know this happens in every country in the world. Kusadasi is brill and you will have a ball. I will be there in less than 2 weeks and I cant wait. Be vigilant and be aware of other people in the hotel .

Enjoy the hols

Sue