1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Review on Surmeli Efes hotel

Discussion in 'Hotel Reviews and Questions' started by johnsonspad, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Just returned from this hotel,could find no reviews before I went so thought I would just add a few comments.
    We arrive late at night and the first sight you see of the hotel from the hill top is stunning. The whole of the hotel is floodlit in blue lights.
    When you arrive at the entrance you go through to a very impressive reception.
    Unfortunatly when you get to your room this turns out to be very basic, but on the plus side is clean and kept that way daily by the maids.
    Their are three good size pools outside and one inside,no problem getting sunbeds.
    Also has own private beach which is a really nice,clear water and is all sand.
    But as for the down side the reason I could not find any reviews before I went was this hotel caters for mainly German and Russian guest, this is reflected in the menu on offer and the entertainment.
    The few other British people found this very anoying especialy as you are about 7 mile from Kusadasi and their is nothing outside the hotel.
    There is a dolmus service that runs from outside the hotel about every 15 minutes and only cost you about 80p, but the last one leaves Kusadsi at midnight.
    The good news is most of the good bars offer you a free ride back to the hotel when you are finished.
    On the first night we ate and drank from 7.30 until 1.30 with a free lift back for the grand price of £15, that was for 2 adults and a 11 year old boy.
    To sum up very nice hotel but because of the basic room and lack attention of the staff could only rate this hotel as a 3 star, but still a good place for a quiet holiday. :D

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

What a perfect post! It's so informative and useful for the website visitors.

Thank You so much!...

3. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back Brian and thanks for the hotel review. :)

4. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Welcome back to Rainy East Anglia!!

Good review!!

tell us some more about your holiday...what bars / restuarants that you enjoyed etc...

Claire 8)