1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Here - Kusadasi

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Cora Browne, May 21, 2017.

1. Cora Browne

Cora Browne Explorer

Hi.
    It's been 20 years since I last visited Kusadasi and I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for food and drink and the average price for a bottle of wine in the supermarket.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cora

Umit likes this.
  2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Christine likes this.
  3. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Hi Cora wine I buy Dikman at 26tl a litre or Alıntepe 20.

4. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Altintepe is very nice but I prefer Busbag at around 25 tl from Migros wine in restaurants is more expensive as it is anywhere else

5. peril

peril Connoisseur

It's Dikkman red or Kavak white for us 26tl a litre from Carrefour or Migros. It's anything from 30 upwards a bottle in restaurant- as always a mark up but with current rate of exchange it's cheaper than in Ireland.
    Depending on where you eat and what you go for, you could have a two course meal for two with wine for 100-120 tl. You could also pay a lot more in the Marina or on Ladies Beach.
    Fruit and veg is a fraction of the price in Ireland or the U.K. and are far superior in quality. Prices in Gurmar are more expensive than the market but of exceptional quality and I use both the market and Gurmar. Meat is on par cost wise with the uk and Ireland, with the fish at the fish market both cheaper and more varied than either.

sexyshirl and miketutun like this.
  6. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Sums it up very well Peril.

peril likes this.
  7. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Talking of shopping in Gumar here is something to note. When shopping in Gumar you will always see offers. If you are interested in anything on offer nearly always you have to spend a certain amount before the offer kicks in, otherwise you will be charged the original price. Always ask an assistant. It took me long enough to realise this ... doh!!

peril likes this.
  8. peril

peril Connoisseur

Not as bad as Migros though- where your moneykart that you frequently use and are given discounts on items where you're not totally in need of the product - but come a big ticket item you don't get the discount because your card is not " actif " ring this number!