1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving To Turkey

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by scott mckenzie, May 9, 2017.

1. Hi, Please can I get some advise about retiring here,eg how much savings do I need in the bank for residence permits etc,my wife and I are looking forward to living here sometime in the near future,we know how much we are for electric,water etc, any advise welcome,thank you all in advance. Evie & Scott x

sexyshirl likes this.
  2. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Hi folks. Latest info I have for re income for a one year residents visa is bank balance of at least 16.800tl or documentation showing regular monthly income of at least 1.400tl. Would think this would be per person based on a Turkish bank ac. But do remember "they" do tend to move the goal post without much warning. Good luck.

scott mckenzie and sexyshirl like this.
  3. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I advise you to visit the Foreigners Advice Centre up by the Holiday Inn /Bim in town near the army barracks.
    They are brilliant and will advise you on all details of residency including SGK insurance, wills, power of attorney etc.

https://theegeeye.com/the-foreign-citizens-advice-centre
    Click on the link

Hope this helps and good luck

4. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Yes the ─▒nfo I quoted I got the other day from the ladies at the Bureau very helpful.

5. Thomas45

Thomas45 Expert

Our RP expired in November 2016, but due to work commitments we had to leave before hand and decided to apply as new applicants when we got back this year. So our application was as new applicants in April 2017. It was a walk in the park, they did not ask for any bank information. We used a local service company to assist us just in case but it was easy and we managed to get 2year insurance cover, the usual paperwork, Tapu, tax okay proof, proof of address, photos, tax numbers, . We waited 3 weeks, got a confirmation on our phones and then when the RP arrived to the PTT we also received a text message and just went in and collected it. A huge improvement and well done to the Turkish government for making this process less complicated and speedy. We are in Mugla area.

6. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Excellent Thomas. I am starting my renewal here in Kusadas─▒ next week and hope it is as stress free !

scott mckenzie, peril and sexyshirl like this.
  7. Thanks to all for your help, Evie & Scott x

8. pugnac

pugnac Explorer

9. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

I have never paid less than 200 Tl for a bill throught the summer for a couple of years and recently about 550 tl through the winter

10. pugnac

pugnac Explorer

probably you are using more air conditioning

11. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Electric in Turkey is expensive so be economical with air con .. which seems to use the most.
    Do you have winter heating? If not you want to investigate that as far as I am aware the old sorba is cheapest to run and warmest, not pretty to look at I admit. Shop around over the summer you may find a bargain!

jake 51 and scott mckenzie like this.
  12. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

I never use A/C pugnac..so a bad guess..

13. What is the sorba?

14. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Turkish version of the UK log burner.

15. bellamia

bellamia Explorer

Its all that cooking you do Jake,

16. miketutun

miketutun Expert

I am told by the Advice Bureau that it is the same phone msg system everywhere now. Very welcome.