1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

money

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by jaka, Jul 20, 2004.

1. jaka

jaka Explorer

i'm going to kusadasi at the end of august, should i take lira, euros or sterling? how about changing travel cheques? what currency should i take.

jaka. :wave:

2. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Jaka
    check out the exchange rates before you go also, i changed my money online with firstchoice holidays (think american express was the bank) they had the best rate i could find. also look at the post office, and Marks & spencers now offer a currency exchange in their larger stores, commisson free, you should look to get around 2.6 mil Lira to £1.00.

i took over Lira & a few pounds, if i were you i would'nt change £'s into Euros.

Hope this helps
    Claire

3. jaka

jaka Explorer

thanks all

4. Hi Jaka...I would take ur money over in sterling and change it as you go along, then you know how much you are spending each day.(thats what i do) The rates vary quite a bit aswell, some days it will be higher than others and you get a slightly higher rate in Centrum than you do on Ladies Beach. Also you can change travellers cheques in most travel agencies over there(remember 2 take ur passport along..i always forget)And dont be too waffled by all the zeros on the Turkish notes..you will get used to it!

:wave: