1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Markets - Kusadasi

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by scott mckenzie, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Hi,Please can anyone tell me when the markets are on soke etc,thank you

2. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Soke market is a Wednesday and Selcuk is on Saturday hope this helps ;)

KASTAMONU likes this.
  3. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Also big one Davutlar Sunday.

sexyshirl likes this.
  4. peril

peril Connoisseur

Selcuk market is in my humble view a lot more atmospheric than Kusadasi - and cheaper- although if you're buying a fair lot it is awkward to transport produce back to Kusadasi .

5. miketutun

miketutun Expert

Yes a much better market than Kusadasi located now in that multi car park type place.

6. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Since moving the market to under Carrefores I have not visited. The thought makes me feel nauseous!
    I agree Selcuk is better but like everywhere if they think you're a holiday maker they will chance their arm ...

peril likes this.
  7. peril

peril Connoisseur

I actually think the produce market under Carrefour works well on s practical level - but the whole atmosphere is gone- it's now like an open air extension of s supermarket. But it's cool in the heat of a hot summers day and easy to navigate and I know where I can get what I want from smallholders that I use all the time. But I do miss the Tuesday market- more than the Friday one which was even more haphazard.
    Now the textile market is a different story - imho-it's brutal- I'd sooner pay higher prices - just - and shop in the shops on town- there is no atmosphere in that textiles market other than a kind of strange almost "we couldn't care less" kind of attitude from the stall holders - and most of my favourite go - to stalls have disappeared- although when I go to selcuk they're there so I haven't totally lost out!

sexyshirl likes this.
  8. Kusadasi girl

Kusadasi girl Connoisseur

Totally agree, Peril. Selcuk market is far superior ......... just how a market should be.

peril and sexyshirl like this.
  9. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Another good one is Guzelcamli
    Take the leisurely boat trip from the Ketchup restaurant at the marina and come back on the bus ... a lovely experience. If you don't want to go to the market buses meet the boat in Guzelcamli and take you to the National park.
    Last year the fare one way was 5ytl. İt is so leisurly transfer and coffee served on board. Recommended....

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    miketutun, peril and KASTAMONU like this.
  10. Thank you all very much.much help.

sexyshirl likes this.
  11. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

also Ege Mah on a Sunday..also good supermarket there..

scott mckenzie likes this.
  12. sanjen

sanjen Fan

Is Soke market on twice a week?

13. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Wednesday is the main day with a smaller one on a Sunday. Follow the signs for Bodrum for the smaller Sunday market. both markets are open all year

14. sanjen

sanjen Fan

Thank you :)