1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Ladies Beach Cigarette Butts

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by bigbadwez, Aug 21, 2017.

1. bigbadwez

bigbadwez Fan

Yet again ladies beach is full of cigarette butts. No one is cleaning up and I have witnessed many people (all Turkish) just throwing their butts (and sunflower seed shells) on the sand and leaving them there.

Years ago when the beach was divided and managed, the staff had to clean their areas, now it's a disgrace.

The belideye really need to sort this as this will turn tourists away and not attract them.

I have been coming here for many years and this is the worst I've seen it. BIG CLEAN UP NEEDED EVERY DAY!

peril likes this.
  2. Anniebubble

Anniebubble Ladies Beach's First Lady

I have been on ladies beach many time and a couple of men have been collecting rubbish and picking up as much as they can with so many people its hard, shame they don't do of an evening with proper cleaning team. Ladies beach is very busy as sun beds were free for awhile not sure they are now, and with all the umbrellas more people using .
    If you contact the belediye about it you will get more done than saying here., the more people that complain the better.

info@kusadasi.bel.tr

3. karinbea

karinbea Connoisseur

Wouldn't it be a good idea to act as an inspiring example for litterbugs and start cleaning the beach with a group of holiday makers?
    Because it's a shame when locals can't keep their beaches clean and FOREÄ°GNERS need to help!
    Lots of turkish people certainly will join in and help you and will complain to the belediye:

http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44...op-beach-clean-up-team-didnt-expect-this.html

Just take a roll of garbage bags and a box of rubber cloves...;) Good luck!

peril likes this.
  4. peril

peril Connoisseur

I must be an oddity - I go to ladies Beach but never walk on it. I prefer to promenade- but if I did walk on the sand I'd go clean mad if it were full of butts and other crap that visitors leave behind. If you bring it with you take it home or leave it in a bin- simple!

Anniebubble, sexyshirl and karinbea like this.
  5. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

6. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

Agree AnnieB ...

7. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

I wrote about this in 2013 and here we are in 2017 ... nothing changed!

2013 post

" I have just been reading trip advisor reviews on Ladies Beach and I am amazed by the number of posts regarding butt ends on the beach. Ladies beach is the finest public beach in Kusadasi at the beginning of the season clean and not too crowded a very relaxing place to be. Nearing the season end a different story it becomes overcrowded and should be renamed Butt end beach. Impossible for the beach cleaners, there are ash trays provided but it seems the beach users don't think it is necessary to use the ash trays or indeed take their rubbish with them, again bins are provided. So what is the answer? Beach police should maybe fine these litter louts ?"

I believe the beach is now looked after by the Aydin Belyidye??
    And it seems they are not up to cleaning the beach ... it's no wonder the bad reviews continue on Tripadvisor ...

peril and karinbea like this.
  8. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

We are living in/visiting a different way of life & culture than we are used to in our own places of birth .. These concerns should be addressed to the Belediye directly as AnnieB points out .. Or as Karinbea suggests we should 'get down & dirty' ourselves ... We drive down at night, have a drink then lean over the railings & look at the moon over the wavy sea & (nearly) empty beach ... Sublime ... Bayram (nxt week) will be even worse as maybe around a million extra visitors arrive in town for the 10 day hol starting nxt week-end!!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    peril, sexyshirl and karinbea like this.