1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Kusadasi in comparison to Marmaris

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by bbeatle, Oct 3, 2004.

1. bbeatle

bbeatle Explorer

How does Kusadasi compare to Marmaris.......ive been to Marmaris twice this year, and intend to go back next year........never been anywhere else in Turkey, but the whole family loved Marmaris and Icmeler....just wondered how Kusadasi compared....... 8)

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Icmeler is a natural wonder. it's really different than any other vacation place in Turkey. But Kusadasi has very different taste.

My personal comment:
    Kusadasi is for youngers becuase of its night life. But Kusadasi has also historical wonders, like Ephesus, Artemis and Virgin Mary's House...

Marmaris is for travellers who would like to see just natural wonders, greens, sea, sun, more silent, more peaceful.

Hey bbeatle

i assume that you support Manchester United. Your team defeated Fenerbahce as 6-2. Please do better next time (in istanbul), like 11-0... i am new supporter of Manchester United.
    :wave:

3. bbeatle

bbeatle Explorer

Thanks, if its more for the younger set, ill stay in the Marmaris region !!!

Being from Manchester, i follow Manchester City, only people from outside Manchester follow Manchester United..

thanks for the info....

4. bbeatle

bbeatle Explorer

When you say "younger set" what age range do you mean.....is it like Europe and a sprawling mess of teenagers and 20 somethings that have too much drink and no manners, or are the bars like the ones at Maramaris, aimed at the younger market but still get a good cross section of all ages.......

MAN CITY TILL I DIE !!!!

5. Joanne

Joanne Explorer

The bars in Marmaris are for everyone but I think that Marmaris is more family orientated than Kusadasi even tho Kus is great for families as well.

If your looking for a mad holiday then it has to be Kusadasi but if you want something a bit more relaxing then it has to be Marmaris you come back from there feeling so relaxed. Althought to tel the truth they're all great. :clap:

6. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

I HEARD MARMARIS WAS BASICALLY JUST 1 STRETCH OF BEACH. QUITE SMALL AND NOWHERE NEAR AS FUN AS KUSADASI?

I WANNA GO CHECK IT OUT, ASWELL AS OLU DENIZ AND SIDE BUT IM WORRIED ILL HATE IT COMPARED TO KUS.

7. Joanne

Joanne Explorer

Its very beautiful though. I went last year and my brother in law rented a boat and went sailed up the coast into loads of little coves that you cant reach by foot.

At night then we would have a stroll aroung town and head back to the villa for a few raki and cherrie juices. It was what I needed at the time just sheer relaxation. I love Kusadasi but I'll definitley be going back to Marmaris at some stage.

8. Mella

OH ID LOVE TO RENT A BOAT AND DISCOVER ALL LITTLE COVES. IVE DONE IT IN SPAIN AND IT WAS SO FUN!!!

I MIGHT DO THAT IN TURKEY. SAILOR MELLA - (ILL GET TO HAVE MY WICKED WAY WITH A TURK IN EACH PORT :lol: )

9. Susanc

Susanc Addict

SORRY

SORRY GUYS BUT THERE IS NO COMPARISON I DIDNT LIKE MARMARIS AND YOU CAN A HAVE A QUIET TIME IN KUSADASI AS WELL AS A MAD ONE

KUSY ALL THE WAY

10. Joanne

Joanne Explorer

My plan for next year is two mad weeks in Kusadasi and a week to recover in Marmaris.

11. Bilge

Bilge Fan

There's nothign to be worried about... the places are very different to each other but believe me you'll be more impressed with p.e. the beauty of Ölü Deniz... there's no comparing the two, it's so different..

What you'll prefer depens on what you're looking for in a holiday...

12. Mella

I MIGHT GOTO OLU DENIZ I HAVE FOUND A CRACKIN HOTEL THERE IN BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS....BUT IT'LL PROBABLY BE AFTER KUSADASI.

13. apricot

apricot Explorer

Hi Guys

This has freaked me out have been looking at kus for a house - just booked my flight for January - and now I learn that the place is buzzing - Thats great if thats what your into but I wanted a quite place laid back. Have I made a terrible mistake?

Are there any peaceful areas around Kusadasi the next Aya Napa does not do it for me ! Ok call me old :)
    Apricot

14. Mella

HEY APRICOT, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :)

LOL, DON'T BE FREAKED OUT ITS NOT SO BUZZING. WELL THERE ARE QUIET PARTS, TOO. BUT IT IS DEFINATELY AN UP-AND-COMING RESORT.

15. apricot

apricot Explorer

Thanks for your welcome Carmella :)

I can stop panicking and have to look for a real quite spot, laid back with restaurant/cafe playing rock music nearby would be the dream - is it too big a dream I wonder. Hey maybe I can open a cafe, who knows what the future holds.

Apricot

16. apricot

apricot Explorer

why don't my smilies come out? I just sent you a grin :)

17. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Apricot ...
    I think you will like Kusadasi, I dont think it will become the next Aya napa (I hope not anyway :shock: )
    Kusadasi has many areas, Bar street is the BUSY area, loads of so called irish bars (but nothing like a real Irish bar) and it is crazy busy, but there are quieter areas, Ladies beach is probably your best bet, there are a lot of restuarants & bars along the sea front, a few livley bars, but nothing as crazy as Bar street.

Claire 8)

18. apricot

apricot Explorer

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for the reassurance, I had nightmares last night of tranced out dancers outside my door!!! eeek
    How long does the real busy season last?

I sound like a kill joy, am not, I used to live in Leicester Square in London, nowhere can be as busy as that, but the whole idea of leaving London is for a more relaxed way of life. Hence the panic.

There seem to be hundreds of places for sale on Ladies Beach, will be checking them out. Thanks,

Apricot

19. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

apricot..
    the summer season runs from May - October, but the busy months are june - August.

I always visit ladies beach & love it, the atmopshere there is wonderful, there are some really nice restuarants and bars, the beach is nice, sea is blue and generally a really lovely place.

I don't no if you saw a place in the sun on Tuesday (on channel 4) they featured properties in kusadasi, 1 villa was on Ladies beach & with a little bit of work (mainly re-decorating) it could be beautiful, from what i remember is was about £25,000 for a 3 bedroomed house.

20. Mella

:cheesy: I SAW THAT!! I GOT SO EXCITED HAHAH WOHOOOOOOO