1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotel question

Discussion in 'Hotel Reviews and Questions' started by **claire**, Mar 29, 2004.

1. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Hi, a friend of mine has just booked 2 weeks at the 'grand blue sky' hotel. we have found various reports about it on the internet, some good, some bad.
    do you know anything about this hotel??
    thanks
    claire :D

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

i always know the GBS Hotel is one of the best hotel in Kusadasi. What kind of bad reports do you have? :?

3. **claire**

I am glad you have said that, as i recomended the hotel to her :? !!
    everything i have read is really good, she found a few reports saying that the hotel security will search your bags everytime you enter the hotel (so that you are not buying items, such as water from outside shops) also a few said that the food in the hotel is not to great!.. i told her that with the choice of restuarants around ladies beach, food will be the least of her worries! i had no complaints while i was there!!
    thanks for your help! i will let her know & i am sure it will put a smile on her face!! :p

4. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

All our customers were happy with the hotel ( they were mostly from the USA). i am not responsible with the hotels but i will send my family to the GBS hotel this summer. :wink:

5. **claire**

Thanks again!!!
    that will definatley re-assure her!!!
    :lol:

6. SpicyLady

SpicyLady Fan

We were stay at the hotel and that was wonderful accommodation!

7. georgie

georgie Explorer

Grand Blue Sky hotel

This is a brilliant hotel, we stayed last year and as soon as we got back to the UK booked our return trip for this year!!! We went in October so it was end of season on Ladies Beach, but all the locals were great. We had a fabulous room, with the most gorgeous views over the sea. I really loved it as did my husband, 15 month old daughter. Only thing you need to watch is they don't like you taking food and drinks back to the hotel. Everyone did it as cheaper to buy stuff on Ladies Beach than in hotel, but watch security!!! :D

8. singsong

singsong Fan

my friend has booked to go to grand blue sky but she is going all inclusive, will they still search your bags? it sounds like a prisoncamp not a 5* hotel

9. **claire**

Hi Singsong,

my friend had no problems at all & loved the hotel!

I think if you are AI they dont mind if you bring items into the hotel (as then you are eating / drinking less of their products)

the problem was with customers on half board or B&B basis. Most hotels do not like you bringing in products from outside, when they sell them in the hotel (at a premium of course;) )

Ive only heard good reports about this hotel, so i am sure you friends will have a wonderful holiday!! :)

10. Jax

Jax Fan

I'm going to be staying at The Grand Blue Sky when I go to Kusadasi in September. I to have read good and bad reviews, thankfully this years reviews are more encouraging than previous.

Jezzquiggly a member of this forum has just returned from The Grand Blue Sky, he was very complimentary about the place. A link to a thread is below.

http://community.iamtravelr.com/thread2402.html

11. singsong

singsong Fan

thanks claire for the info it sounds like my friend will have a great time