1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Holliday tattoo

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by turquoise, Jun 24, 2004.

1. turquoise

turquoise Explorer

Where ther is an oppurtiunity, I treat myself to a holiday tattoo. It is done whith henna, and it will stay approximately 3 weeks, if it is done well and you don't scrub it to much. (The masseuses in the hamam wont touch it, because they like it too.). You can choose from thousands of pictures, symbols, flowers, butterfly's, etc. It takes a wile but it is fun to drink water or tea, and chat with the people. I always want one on my hand, from tumb, down and back to my pointingfinger, so I usualy choose a classical flower decoration. Nice place is on the top of you shoulder, or anywhere you like it. It doesn't hurt, it is not permanent, it is fun!
    Mind, also in henna tattoo, the prices differ, and are discussable.

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Professional Tattoo House

There is a very professional tattoo house in Kusadasi Bar Street ;)

3. turquoise

turquoise Explorer

Is it henna, or the everlasting type?

Hi, Kusadasi-guy.
    you are quick als always, but is this an address for the everlasting tattoo or the henna version? Thanks, for your reaction. I love those little decorations, as long as the are not permanent....

4. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

5. I know these guys(if u r talking about that tattoo shop, next too Kusadasi bar and authentic????), they r very nice and they never try too push u into anything like some of the tattoo shop.
    But i dont think they do henna tattoo's :roll:
    Once had their card, with their web site on it, but i through it out, there was some pic on there :oops: .... But u know how it its, u get so many diffirent cards, i though most of them out!

Where do u get your henna tattoo's done??

xxx C xxx

6. turquoise

turquoise Explorer

where they are offered

In some beach resorts it is offered at the market, or on a little stall in the street. I read that at some hamam's it is included in the bride-service. But the guys at the tatoo-shop will know,maybe their sisters or aunts make them, because it can be a part of a festive occasion such as a wedding.

7. lozzyb44

lozzyb44 Fan

Hey people, If anyone is still wondering about henna tattoos....me and my mate were looking everywhere for one on our last night there. We were asking al shop people. Off bar street--turn left down cobbley road go straight down then head left there is a leather shop. The guy who owns it has really blue eyes. He did our henna tattoos for us! we were very pleased. a good price too,
    Laura x

8. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

Hey Laura,

Thanks for that helpful tip. :)

Oh & welcome to the forums hun.

9. lozzyb44

lozzyb44 Fan

Thank you Carmella, isn't everyone so friendly here!! :)