1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Goldenday Hotel

Discussion in 'Hotel Reviews and Questions' started by pablomersey, Sep 5, 2004.

1. pablomersey

pablomersey Explorer

My partner and I booked for 1 week A/I on the Wednesday before we went, I payed Horizons Holidays £489.00 each for one week. We thought ok Turkey wont be like the A/I we had been to. Where shall I start the first day the lager went off ! No lager all day(no gas). Oh and it went off another twice that week ! The other drinks on the A/I were only GIN BRANDY, WINE and OUZO. At one point although there was a water bottle, one bloke wanted a small bottle and was told he had to pay for it.

There was supposed to be a belly dancer on one night I asked the manager ( a big bloke looked a bit like Lurch off the Adams family) where the belly dancer was on the night she was supposed to be on all I and every one else could get out of him is you want to hit me don't you ? My god !

The food was diabolical great if you are used to eating boiled chicken. I thought they ate a lot of fish Nope not one in site all week no fresh fruit ! no Lamb ! The snack bar consited of the salad that was left over from breakfast and chips (Yum Not!) I don't now where Mr Davies stayed but we had Air conditioning free ? and on the last day we had to pay £20.00 to keep the room for a midnight flight.

Four couples came and lucky for them had extra money £75.00 they paid to goto another hotel down the road A/I with All Inclusive as we know it like Spain Etc.

I wouldn't recomend The Goldenday Hotel to my worst Enemy,

I would say it was one of the worst holidays we have ever had
    And because of that I doubt very much I would return.
    :(

2. bEaCh BoY

bEaCh BoY Fan

Hmm.. First of all I'm really sorry for your bad experience.. It is very rare to see someone having a bad time in Kusa. Maybe you can try another hotel next time.. Whatever you do, don't give up on Kusadasi.. I have been to many places in the world and I think Kusadsi is the best place to visit.. I am sure you would agree if it wasn't the hotel..

3. honeybee_18

honeybee_18 Explorer

Just want to say that I completely agree with how awful the food was at the GoldenDay Hotel. I went there with my bfriend about a month ago and we were shocked. It was literally the same choice every night, it had no flavour and was really really oily. It was supposed to be A/I but there were only a few alcoholic drinks available and only till 11pm. I asked for a glass of water after 11pm but you werent even allowed that unless you payed for it. The staff didnt explain this in a friendly way either! I guess all inclusive is different over there!

There was no entertainment either so we left the hotel every night to go into town.

Regardless of the awful food, we did have a reaally nice, spacious room with a balcony and lovely view over the Bay.

4. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

hello Honeybee, thanks for your review. I am sorry to read that but I think next time you may read this section.

And with your review, our visitors will choose the best one ;)

Thank You

5. Mad

Mad Explorer

When have you been in Goldenday pablomersey???I think it was a very very long time ago and i think you missed so many great things last summer.

I just found this website and i couldn't stop myself to write a few words about my great vacation in Goldenday Hotel last summer.I've spent 2 weeks with my boyfriend and won't forget it.Hotel was more than we've expected because when they say 3star it usually have less than that.But this one worth more than 3.We want to go back there a.s.a.p.I highly recommend to people who doesn't want more than they pay.Because this hotel worth in every penny.:w00t: :w00t: :bigok: :bigok:

6. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

hi, where you from sir?
    when did u stay at the hotel?

7. puwer98

puwer98 Altinkum's Ambassador

Where is it?

8. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member