1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

GOLDENDAY Hotel review, Kusadasi

Discussion in 'Hotel Reviews and Questions' started by davep, Aug 7, 2004.

1. davep

davep Explorer

GOLDENDAY Hotel review
    8)

Hello! As there does not seem to be a review of the GOLDENDAY I thought I'd add my comments.

We booked this holiday for our family (2 adults & an 8 & 13 year old) just 2 days before departure at the bargain price of £1455 for a 2 week holiday-with the added bonus of pre-booking our last night-giving us 15 nights & no being 'kicked-out' at noon (we were on a night flight). As we had no information & the price was so good we were a little sceptical & my partner thought we'd be on 'holidays from hell' on our return!

Our booking clerk from Instant Holidays (we found the deal on the teletext web site) asked if we'd been all-inclusive before. We had-to majorca. He explained that a Turkish all-inclusive generally DOES NOT have entertainment, kids clubs, activities, etc & that you have less choice of food-ie 2 main course choices, pleantly of lovely fresh sald/fruit, etc....but without the chicken nuggetts/chips of Spanish all-inclusives!

As both our children are either not in to kids clubs or too old we were fine with this & looked on it as full board-free drinks (until 11pm!). As we had been told what to expect we were pleasantly suprised on arrival! The Goldenday is up a low hill with stunnig views of the Marina-about a 15 minute walk to the centre with shops/bars nearer than this if needed.

When we woke up the 1st thing we noticed was the pool-HUGE with a kids section! The room was spotlessly clean & cool (we paid for air-con-about £3 a day) although quite spartan-with a big balcony. We had a fridge & 2 cooking rings-although a couple of people we spoke to did not have this.

The staff were very friendly & our eldest made friends around the pool table (taken over by teenagers!). Food?? Breakfast was typically Turkish (we'd been told this before arriving so came as no surprise)-yoghurt & honey (yum!), cold meats, fresh bread, fruit-no english brekkie but a short trip in to Kusadsi will sort this for about £2 pp! Lunch/dinner usually consisted of 2 meat/fish courses, 1 x veg/pasta main & lots of lovely salad/fruit-again choice not great but all freshly cooked-I loved the spicy Aubergine dish! Drinks/snacks??! Drinks until 11pm (at which point lights go off but you're welcome to sit & chat after this!)0snacks are sandwiches/crisps. As it was so hot we were not hungry anyway.

A few moaned about the lack of choice of food but had not been told prior to arrival the difference between a Turkish all-inclusive & a Spanish one-we ate out 5 times -purely because not matter how nice the food is in a 2 week holiday you need a change! Fab cheap restaurants in Kusadasi-go to the old quarter. The resort itself is busy & has a nice buzz-the Hotel is quiet so nice to come back after a day out! Lots of cheap fakes, etc Best beaches are ladies beach or Mili park-both accessable by the very cheap 'dolmus' busses (stop opposite hotel). Would we go back-DEFINATELY! If you go in Peak Season all you want is a cool room to sleep i, a pool, good food-free drinks-the Goldenday does all this. It's not a 5*-the exterior could do with a lick of paint-but staff were friendly, pool big, Hotel clean-food fine & we got a great price.

Hope this helps! Dave

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Hello Dave;

First off welcome to Kusadasi Forums. i read your review and it's so useful and informative.

I just would like to build an unbiased Hotel Reviews section for visitors and you helped us much. Hope to see you here frequently.

Thank You.

3. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Hello Dave :cheesy:
    just had a quick read of your review, thanks!! very useful! i had looked into staying at this hotel before & decided against it (went self catering instead) but it sounds like you found a cracker.

welcome to the forum & dont forget to add to some of the other subjests, like the best places you ate at etc...

Claire 8)
    noticed your from my part of the world!!!, im a Suffolk girl!!!