1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Fethiye by car from London

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Roy Salmon, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Roy Salmon

Roy Salmon Explorer

Hi

I need help in planning a trip to Turkey in March for 6 months by car,
    I have a flat in Fethiye and would like to travel the 'easy' way (less hassle).
    Any help would be most grateful,

Roy salmon

garyadele likes this.
  2. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Hi Roy,
    Have a look at this site, the driving directions on it are pretty useful!

Just becareful about bringing your car into Turkey, i believe there is a time limit that you can keep a foreign car in the country (I believe the limit is 6mths)

I know there is a ferry from Italy (brindisi) into Cesme if you wanted to cut some of the driving time down Clicky

Good luck!

3. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forums! :)

Hope you manage to find a good driving route. I'd love to drive to Turkey, it would be a fantastic experience..!

As Claire said - Becareful about bringing your car into Turkey for so long. I'm not sure how long the limit is there ..But I know when my mum brought her English car over to Holland, she was only allowed to keep it here for 3 months.

Good luck ..hope you find all the info you're looking for. :)

4. Nikki

Nikki Fan

Hi Roy,
    I drove to Turkey from Ireland last year. I can tell you any details you need. It was the best experience ever. Our route was through the Euro Tunnel from the uk and down into switzerland then into Italy and you can then get a ferry from Ancona or go further south to Brindisi to Cesme. From Cesme you can travel down south past soke, bodrum, marmaris and then you get into Fethiye. When i was in Turkey we drove down the coast from Kusadasi to Antayla.. It is the most amazing sea drive!!!
    Let me know what Info you need and I will try to help!!

Nikki

Anthony07 likes this.
  5. hakano

hakano Explorer

Hi Roy,

My sister in law would like to buy your house in Turkey. Which is being advertised by a local agent in Fethiye. Is it possible for you to contact me on hakan.ortel@gmail.com to go into details?

6. peril

peril Connoisseur

Weird or what - 11 years later.....!

Christine and Umit like this.
  7. Christine

Christine Expert

Thought that was just me being cynical. :carmy:

peril likes this.
  8. Hi Roy, we drove from ireland last year. Great fun. Uk channel tunnel, through France, Italy and ferry Brindisi to Greece. Then into Turkey and down to Kusadasi. Great fun. The biggest thing is the border. Our "Irish green card" was not accepted so we had to get turkish insurance. (300 tL) we were going to get it anyhow. Worst roads were turkey to Izmir. We came back then by Bulgaria. PM me if you want or need more details. We loved it.