1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Exchange Rate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by miketutun, Nov 19, 2016.

1. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

What’s the reason for this enormous hike?

2. B&B

B&B Fan

Folks stg just hit 5TL today. Im not sure whats going on. The news wires talk about the USA visa issue having a negative on the lira. There may also be a budget problem in Turkey. Someone else will know more than me. B

3. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

WOW!!!!

4. B&B

B&B Fan

Now £ at 5.05 a few hours later - this is rather fast. Euro holding at 4.46 bit I feel it will hit 4.50 soon

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  5. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

came past the change ofıs today and the rate was 4-75 tl to the pound---xe onlıne ıs sayıng 4-97tl to the pound

6. sexyshirl

sexyshirl Expert

Change offices are always lower than the banks. Best to exchange at the banks. Some banks have exchange ATM machines. I use the one opposite to Gumar. It is easy to use.

peril likes this.
  7. jake 51

jake 51 Veteran

I got 4.90 tl for the £ on Friday at HSBC..

sexyshirl likes this.
  8. peril

peril Connoisseur

We got 4.42 euro at Ziraat bank on Friday - we were there to change a dud 100tl note passed to us by Akbank who refused to change it! Dovus had lira to euro 4.27 and stg at 4.80

jake 51 likes this.
  9. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

Denız bank have moved and have new premıses rıght opposıte the kervanseray rıght on the corner--very nıce!!

10. kibris

kibris Mancunian Crooner

XE are sayıng 5-o6 tl to the pound --just looked

11. garyadele

garyadele Expert

wow that's a good rate , if you got some spare cash nows the time to change it :)

12. B&B

B&B Fan

Well another record Euro @ 4.50 TL his afternoon. Stg in the 5.05 zone. Anybody like to call the ceiling on this. Winner gets a free high five ;-) B

13. soh

soh Expert

well i said back in March i thought it would hit 5 to £ by years end so i'll push my luck again and say 5.5 by March next year:thumbsup: :tup:

garyadele, KASTAMONU and Christine like this.
  14. KASTAMONU

KASTAMONU Connoisseur

Currently...5.09 - sterling (XE)

garyadele likes this.
  15. B&B

B&B Fan

5.55 TL on the Euro this pm. News of Turkey buying up lots of gold in the market. B

16. soh

soh Expert

keyboard slip or wishful thinking?:)

KASTAMONU likes this.
  17. kustu

kustu Addict

Bank rate is 5.12 Tl to the £ at the moment and 4.58 to the €

18. B&B

B&B Fan

Old age ha! - good spot. Could be many a true word said in jest as today we hit 4.60Tl to the euro.

B