1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

earthquake

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kusadasi_carly, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Someone has just told me that there has been quite a big earthquake around Izmir...is this true?!? :| I hope not!

2. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

i heard that Bodrum has had some small tremors over the past week or so.
    I havnt heard anything about Izmir??? :roll:

3. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Claire is right..
    http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/280985.asp

4. Thanks guys

Thats good news that no one was killed. I just hope there are no major aftershocks!

5. starman

starman Explorer

Anybody from here who was in the august 17th earthquake? now that was very very scary.

6. cemeesti

cemeesti Fan

i was in istanbul during that eartquake and buildings mostly collapsed 80 km eastern and 60 km western side of the place i live.

it was something like 3 at night and i was watching tv... that it began to shake slowly but i thought i'll over soon. i have lived similar earthquakes before, i meant weak ones and i thought that'll be one of them..

that it got faster and electic had off, i just stand up and tried to go a safer place in the house and waited it to end..

than we went outside... the streets were full of people and cops etc in that time of night... i waited outside for 2 hours and we returned back to home despite almost noone did it.

than i slept but it was still weird that it quaked many times in that night and i remember that i woke up because of another earthquake.

we had no electricity for 2 days more so i didn't know what did happen... whenever i saw the stuff on tv, i attepted to call and sms my friends who live in the center of earthquake and still i haven't got any news from some of them..

7. Jade

Jade Explorer

l was also in İstanbul during that earthquake. lt was really disaster. :( We lived approximately 3 months in the outside in the tent. Because every day we were shaking by the earthquake. They were not so strong as 17th August nigth earthquake but we were afraid that there would be another strong earthquake. The 17th August earthquake was 7.4.And the worst thing is some of my friends died in that earthquake. :cry: :cry: l do not want to live these days again. l always pray to my God for this.

8. Susanc

Susanc Addict

jADE

JADE I AM SO SORRY FOR YA I HOPE THATM IT DOESNT HAPPEN AGAIN I KNOW A LOT OF MY FRIENDS LOST FAMILIES AND LOVED ONES IN THE BIG EARTHQUAKE IN I THINK IT WAS 2001 WE WENT HOME THE DAY BEFORE IT HAPPENED AND I WILL NEVER FORGET IT AS LONG AS I LIVE

SUE

9. Jade

Jade Explorer

Thanks Sue. l will never forget that earthquake. l m sorry for you also. Nobody deserve these bad things. l hope it won't again.