1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Bayram

Discussion in 'Travel Talk' started by johnsonspad, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Hi everyone

Flew out to Kusadasi on the 20th to pick up Tapu and get all my affairs in order like bank accounts, insurances and buy some furnishings. what nobody told me was these 4 days were the national holiday of Byrom (don't know if I am spelling this right).

Can anyone explain what this?.

Have taken some photo's of Ladies Beach & Centrum in Winter and will post them soon.

Still plenty to do in Kusadasi in winter, but Ladies Beach was all shut up, not a thing open.

I think if the cheaper airlines do start flying out in winter it will be a great place to go (hurry up Easyjet)

2. Smilina

Smilina Fan

It is called BAYRAM. You'll find more info here.

xxx S.

3. Sonny

Sonny Fan

LoL when Turkish people go to take uk visa we check the holidays first like x-mas , easter.......So you have a house here and you should fallow such days ...Buy a Turkish calender and check the holidays from it so next time you wont be delayed or any other surprises.

4. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

5. Thank you Smilina and Sonny

You are both right and I have a lot to learn about Turkish traditions, but in my defence I only came to Turkey for the first time June and have already learnt many things, but with have much more to learn.

I will be going out again in May any more holidays I should look for then lol.

6. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

7. Thanks Claire

That will teach me to read all of the threads posted on the forum lol.

8. Smilina

Smilina Fan

Her düşüş bir öğreniş! :)

It means: "You learn on your mistakes"

9. finchie

finchie Fan

I have had one eye on the boards but not actually posted anything.. time to change that I think!!

I am so glad you got your Tapu Brian.. The story of the trip is so funny. I hope you get to share it with everybody one day. It would make a great film !!

Thanks for all your help in booking my flights for Easter.
    Your right about the cost of winter flights..
    Come on Easyjet.. I can't believe there isn't a need for flights to Turkey.

10. Welcome back Tracey

11. **claire**

**claire** Super Moderator

Hi Finchie ... Looking forward to seeing you more active on the forum!! :)