1. Hi, our forums' email system is working again. You can now complete the new registrations or retrieve password lost related emails.
    Dismiss Notice

Aqua Fantasy Resort Hotel

Discussion in 'Hotel Reviews and Questions' started by Mella, May 23, 2004.

1. Mella

Mella Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone, i'm new here. you guys all seem like a canny bunch of people :cheesy: i'm going to Kusadasi in July and we're going to be staying at the Aqua Fantasy Hotel Resort. I just wondered whats it like? and if it's any good? because i can't seem to find any reviews on it whatsoever.

Thanks in advance...

2. Umit

Umit Veteran Staff Member

Re: AQUA FANTASY HOTEL RESORT

Hello Carmella, welcome to Kusadasi Forums;

Aqua Fantasy Resort is one of the Bests and I am sure that you gonna be enjoyed. And you have free entrance to their Aquapark which is definitely best AquaPark in Kusadasi.

All our Dutch visitors loved this hotel ;)

BTW, i like your avatar :oops:

Cheers

3. Mella

Thanks for replying :wave: hehe

4. Frodo

Frodo Explorer

Hi , how are you ? I`m from bulgaria and yesterday i`ll back from Kushadasi. please answer me an e-mail hades@abv.bg. Please send me a pictures and i send my pictures :) and i hope to answer me on this e-mail. bye. i`ll wait :wave: :wave: :wave:

5. visitor

visitor Explorer

how about the beach at AquaFantasy?

I can't see any picture or reference to the hotel's beach from the AquaFantasy's website... I can't understant why.
    Is there a beach close to the resort? Is it sandy?
    Thanks,
    Pompy.

6. the_carver

the_carver Explorer

Hello Carmella,
    I was in Aqua Fantasie in the first week of june. It was a great week and we have much of fun in that time. My son is 8 years old and he stays the whole week in the Aquapark. The park is BIG FUN and the hotel is great. The food was nice. There is a kids klub for childern and the biggest event (my son says) was making a pizza by yourself.
    I can say many things, maybe you can look to the pictures I made. http://ronald.qltel.org
    You can ask me things I forgot to write, but I didn't anything. I'm not from Turkye, I'm from the Netherlands

Ronald

7. Mella

Thanks guys. I got back from Aqua Fantasy 2 weeks ago and i must say i had THE.BEST.HOLIDAY.EVER. i fell in love with the hotel, the people, kusadasi and Turkey. It was superb and i am so going back next year.

The animation team was brilliant. The guys were fab. I would recommend this hotel to anyone !!!!!!

8. Mella

Aqua Fantasy Hotel Review

[​IMG]

The Rooms
    I shared a room with 3 of my friends. There was a double bed and two single beds, it was made into two separate rooms with a corridor and a bathroom in between. There was even two televisions. It was lovely and really clean - the maids came everyday and were always charming and really friendly. They always made sure the rooms were spotless, and they even made little 'origami' shapes (hearts, bows, flowers ect.) out of the bed sheets.

The Meals
    The food was nice. Not brilliant. But sufficient. The 'canteen' was a bit of a bum fight, no real direction so everyone was walking in every direction and you had little kids bumping into you sometimes. The food was okay, almost always luke warm, never really hot. But you can't expect it to be brilliant, as they do cater for a very large amount of people. The waiters however, were brilliant. As soon as you had finished your plate or glass it would be cleaned up immediately. Some people find this quite rude, but in Turkey it's considered rude to leave dirty plates and stuff on the table.

Other Restaurants on base
    There were 3 other restaurants on base. A Turkish one, A seafood one and an Italian one. All available at a little extra cost, and you had to book a day in advance.

Whilst i was there almost everything was open. The pool was finished, as was the spa, the indoor pool, the snack-bar and the new drink bar. The staff were the BEST. They were so friendly and charming and just a pleasure to be around. I got chatting to this one waiter and he worked 90 hours a week and only got paid 70 Euros a month. That is appalling. Almost slavery compared to other parts of the world. But even though they get paid so badly, they are always...ALWAYS...friendly, chatty and smiley.

There was still a bit of work going on whilst i was there. But the workmen and woman were so dedicated. Occasionally i'd have been out clubbing and pubbing in Kusadasi which is only 8km's away from this resort hotel (they have their own bus they took us to Kusadasi to go clubbing in) and I'd come back at 3am or 4am and there would still be people working in the gardens or cleaning out the pool. It's amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Also whilst i was there, the reception got moved to the main building. It was quite new for everyone as you could tell, as the staff behind reception were pretty useless. I always had to stand and wait for ages to get served and their English wasn't the best. but they tried. That would probably be the only negative factor. That and the fact that the sun beds don't have any sun bed cushions on them. I didn't personally find that a problem but i spoke with some people that were unhappy with that. As the beds were quite hard and uncomfortable.

Free access to the waterpark
    This was great...Definitely the best part of the hotel. Theres a little gateway that connects the water park to the hotel and all you had to do was flash your orange All Inclusive wristband to the guy sitting by the gate and you were in. Very well run, clean, friendly (and gorgeous..) lifeguards, great rides, nice food. Although it is not included in the all inclusive, you have what is called 'A Splash Card' which you can fill with money and then use as a sort of on base credit card.

The Snack Bar
    The snack bar has some yummy food. Lovely pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti bol. and chips. That starts at about 12:30 and then there are cakes which are served around 5.

The Bar (next to the snack bar)
    The staff are very friendly. They were always chatty and smiley, most of them very flirty but not in a pervy way. Sometimes you would be standing there and someone would come later and still get served first but if you just keep calm and whatever, don't make a big fuss about it (some people got really angry and had arguments with the bartenders) you'll get served in the end. The drinks were nice, coke, sprite, Fanta and self service water and squashes (strawberry, orange, peach, apple, lemon) were all available. The All inclusive drinks stop at 11, but as the bar was quite new there were no set rules like only ordering a certain amount of drinks at a time (like in some All Inclusive hotels) so we often went up and ordered 20 beers at 10:55pm and they never once said no...Also around the pool area during the day the waiters and waitresses were great. They came round almost every 5 minutes to collects empty glasses.

At midnight there is bread and soup in the restaurant, but not many people went and had it. Me and my clan normally did- in a drunken stupor.

Entertainment
    Entertainment during the day is endless. The animation team were great! There was aqua gym, 12 o clock games, volleyball, football, water polo, shooting ect. You were never bored. In the evening there was always some sort of entertainment, when i first arrived it was all over in the aqua fantasy waterpark so it was a little bit of a trek there, but the new amphitheater opened and it moved into that. I'd say average not brilliant but then again i was mainly watching the football every evening so i only saw a few shows.

All in all it is a great hotel. And i can only envision it'll get better and better as it is quite new and there are still new things opening up there all the time. It's very family orientated. Great for kids (i don't know anything about the kids club though) and adults and children of all ages. I loved it and I'm 22. I would DEFINITELY go back there. without a doubt. Infact I'm going to book to go next year very soon as it gets full very easily (it was 100% full whilst we were there)

My advice is to go there, its so much fun at a very reasonable price. :)

Here's a video of the Aqua Fantasy Hotel:
    [youtube]m9XaTLoMZLA[/youtube]

My Aqua Fantasy Hotel & Waterpark pictures: CLICK

9. Elaine

Elaine Explorer

Hi Carmella your review was really helpful
    I'm going to the new aqua fantasy world resort they're building down the road next year. Does anyone have anymore information about this hotel? Will it be as good as the other one? 8)
    Cheers for your help people

10. Mella

Oh you heard about that too? When I was there the staff were telling me that Aqua Fantasy had bought this huge piece of Marsh land in between the Aqua Fantasy hotel and The Ship hotel as I call it..You can see the area on the pic below;

[​IMG]

And this is what they're hoping to build on it;

[​IMG]

11. Umit

i personally investigate that and then let you know.

12. Mella

I looed up this hotel in a new Summer 2005 brochure. It said they will be building a new Aqua Fantasy World Resort next to the already existing one. It will be 500m away from the waterpark but there will be a bus/shuttle that transports you there for free. I can't seem to find any other information on it, besides the fact that they will be building it as from now and it should be semi complete by Summer 2005. Which is easy to believe as the dear Turkish work 24/7 and will have no problem completing work such as this in a very short amount of time!

13. nicolaxxx

nicolaxxx Explorer

Yes i work in a travel agents and have the brochures for next year!!! aqua fantasy world resort looks brilliant, i am going to the aqua fantasy in october and hope that no building work spoils my week! :(
    The prices are very similar for the aqua fantasy and the aqua fantasy world, but it does look very nice!
    if any one has any mor info on the aqua fantasy please share with me!!!
    Nicola x*X*x

14. Mella

Aw have a good time! i went in June and it was fantastic!! i loved it so much i can't even explain how much i was just mesmerised by that place n turkey as a whole. I hope there will be no annoying building work whilst ur there! there was some goin on whilst i was staying there but luckily it was all on the beach. so it didnt annoy us. but as it's quite a new complex and theres still alot to be completed so dont hold ur breath

15. nicolaxxx

nicolaxxx Explorer

i wont carmella!! thankyou, hopefully with it being october it may be finished!!! :S

Nicola x*X*x

16. buzzcut

buzzcut Explorer

Hello Everyone.
    I'm supposed to be going to Aqua Fantasy this October (2004). But I was a little concerned as to whether the actual water park will be open - I think I read somewhere that it closes in September. Does anyone know if this is the case.
    Many thanks.
    Buzza.

17. Umit

September is ok to go to AquaFantasy ;)
    But whats the exact dates?

18. buzzcut

buzzcut Explorer

Arriving 9 October.
    Is the water park closed then?

19. Umit

nope, it shouldnt be closed. And 9 october is fine..

20. buzzcut

buzzcut Explorer

Thanks KG.
    But....
    At the same time as I posted my original question here, I posted the same question to the contact on the Aqua Fantasy website. They have replied and have said that the park closes at the end of September 2004! :(
    I'm not sure who to believe.
    Is it worth visiting this hotel if the park is closed??!!